Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIOJECT
May 12, 2006
Is it possible to train a kitten to feel comfortable with a leash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIOJECT
May 12, 2006
So I plan on buying a cat in three weeks once I've settled into my new place. I live in a small apartment with a roommate. Anyway I've been reading about the benefits of purchasing two cats so that they can be buddies. I'm kind of worried about getting two only because I've never owned a cat before. Any advice for me on this?

So far my game plan is to keep the kittens in my bathroom until they get used to using the litterbox. Then I plan on letting them out in my room under supervision and putting them back in the bathroom when I'm away until I trust they won't be assholes to my stuff.

I've thoroughly read the thread about training and stuff. My only question is how to praise. I already understand that I should remove the cat from whatever undesirable things he's doing with a spray bottle or something. By praising should I just give him attention like petting?

BIOJECT
May 12, 2006
My cat has a urinary infection and has been peeing in various places around the apartment. I now have her on a different diet recommended by my local vet. For some reason she only pees on flat hard surfaces making cleanup a breeze. Why does my cat prefer hard surfaces over carpet?

Also my cat likes to stare at me for great lengths of time. It's kind of creepy. Why is this?

BIOJECT
May 12, 2006
I'm going to be moving soon and I wanted to know what the best process is for transitioning my cat over to the new house. Right now I live in a small apartment. Should I lock her in the bathroom on moving day and then keep her isolated in my room with her litter box? How long should I do this before I give her access to the full house? How long before I can trust her to wander outside?