Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
^^^^ I was in Alexandria on Saturday! Didn't know that place existed until I got off the metro, never been there and I've lived in the area since 2001.

Oh god I have too many of these:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Long time no post for me:

Last one is another try at an older shot of mine.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Stregone posted:

How did you use a tripod inside the lincoln memorial? Every time I go there, even if my tripod is folded up and strapped to my back someone runs up to me saying "No tripods!"

I actually set up right next to two Park Police officers answering random questions from tourists. Try going at 9PM on a Saturday?

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
I've never had an issue just keeping a small penlight with me and doing a visual check of my focus distance indicator on my lens. Move to infinity, take sample picture. Chances are you'll be really close or spot on within 2 shots.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Musket posted:

D300 17-50 @ 45 seconds. Las Vegas Blvd about 11PM

I need to experiment with how to secure my tripod better in a moving car.

You've convinced me to try this someday. This is awesome.