Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TiberiusM
Sep 10, 2006
This is from a page ago, but I have a question

Nondo posted:

Sorry I missed this.

Captain Chestbeard covered it pretty well but yes I used bulb mode along with a cable release to lock the shutter open. In my case I avoided most of the light pollution by driving away from the city, I was in the mountains about an hour east of the city. Single exposure taken at f/4 for 1833 seconds.

If I'm shooting digital (maybe you were too?), should I be concerned with leaving my sensor going for 1833 seconds? Is that why some people stack exposures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TiberiusM
Sep 10, 2006

mediaphage posted:

Are you standing in Mt. Adams?

The shot of Great American Ballpark looks like its from the KY side of the river

TiberiusM
Sep 10, 2006

Jekub posted:

Put this in the amateur astronomy thread, figured I put it over here as well as people may be interested.

The North American Nebula,an emission nebula in cygnus and my focus for the last couple of nights, I'm pretty happy with the results.

Imaging Kit :
William Optics ZS66SD Refractor / Canon EOS1000D (unmodified) / Astronomik CLS CCD Filter
285 minutes total exposure time (57x5 minutes)

Are those actually the visible light colors of the nebula and galaxies you've been posting? I know NASA likes to play around with its Hubble pictures and make them nice and colorful, but a 1000D is no Hubble

TiberiusM
Sep 10, 2006
Its not a night time long exposure, but can it pretend so it'll fit in?

I really dont know how to make it very interesting. Its IR, and the scene was mostly shades of blue, so I tried a black and white conversion.