Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Bout three in the morning, and it was PITCH black. Really hard to get right, since I couldn't autofocus, and could barely see out my viewfinder it was so dark. 30 seconds.

Oh yeah, and saw a shooting star as I was setting up. Thankfully no ghosts, as the joint is supposed to be haunted. I think I got across the idea that this is kinda a storybook place, a weird little tower stuck in southeast PA for no reason I can see. It's just THERE.

Covert Ops Wizard fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Aug 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Musket posted:

D300 17-50 @ 45 seconds. Las Vegas Blvd about 11PM

I need to experiment with how to secure my tripod better in a moving car.

Still looks really good, I like the idea. If only you could've held to one speed the entire time, so the speedometer needle isn't blurred.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

thefreshmaker posted:

I'm new to this and I'm not sure how I feel about these one. Feedback is welcome.

I think this is really neat, but what is that white haze on the skyline to the left? It takes away from what is otherwise a very crisp picture.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

GWBBQ posted:

If your car's headrests are easily removable, get a 4 foot piece of flat bar stock steel and drill it to slip over the headrest posts, hold it to the bottom in place with rod clamps. Drill a 3/8" hole in the middle, put a 3/8" bolt through it and really crank it down, mount your camera to that with a wing nut to secure it. You now have a car mount photo/video rig for under $30.

Ohhhhh...you're a bad person, you've given me yet another reason to drive like a maniac

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

GWBBQ posted:

I think the lights and the brush illuminated by the headlights balance the horizon nicely instead of just having dead space in the shadows down there.

I agree. A happy mistake.