Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Obligatory ferris wheel shot

The ugliest apartment building in sydney which has by far the best view/position anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

How do you guys get such long exposures of the stars without them moving? I assume that telescope guy had a motor which automatically compensated for the earths rotation or something but when I take a shot thats a minute or longer the stars start turning into lines.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Thanks. I see you shot that at ISO 6400. I was probably shooting around 400 for mine so would need a few minutes vs your 30 seconds. To be honest the noise isn't even noticeable in yours. Maybe it blurs in with the stars a bit.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Another question.

How do I go about keeping my tripod/camera steady in wind? I'm looking at a bunch of my photos from iceland and the wind has made a lot of the photos slightly blurry like they are slightly out of focus.

Now this is 80km/h winds so I dont know if theres a solution to that but i'm pretty sure they were vibrating the camera.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Yeh it was pretty intense.

Like blowing people over on the ice.

Ive got a video of myself walking into the wind at a glacier when it was blowing like 30metres/second.

I had to lean forward pretty far.