Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ishkibibble_Fish
Feb 14, 2008

BananaHam:
1 part treefruit
1 part mud ungulate

quazi posted:

Here are my latest:
Oklahoma City National Memorial

This is very graphic & well-composed. I love that it's 9:01. It's a very conceptual shot with one stationary figure & one who vacated the frame earlier. I might play around with the curves a little more. It's a little flat to me, but it's all subjective!

Some favorites I've done:

Zaha Hadid's temporary Burnham Pavilion when it was up in Chicago's Millennium Park.

The most clichéd of cliché carnival shots, but I liked the overlapping light trails.

Guy and his dog loitering at a bank...

Chicago skyline seen from the BP pedestrian bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishkibibble_Fish
Feb 14, 2008

BananaHam:
1 part treefruit
1 part mud ungulate

xzzy posted:

I'm sure there's math you could do to figure it out, but I always go lazy and take several shots until I get a decent one.

This is what I do, too. Laziness! (And you get better at guesstimating reasonably accurately the more you do.)

So I'm doing a Project 52, wherein I make one night shot per week, for a year. Here is week 5.

Project 52: Week 5 by C. Wade Photography, on Flickr

The horizon is a little soft. Must have nudged the focus when I was adjusting the star filter. :byodame:

Ishkibibble_Fish
Feb 14, 2008

BananaHam:
1 part treefruit
1 part mud ungulate

TheLastManStanding posted:

Shift towards blue until it starts to balance, then lots of desat on the orange/yellow.

Basically this. I struggled with it a little in this photo. Here's the original:

Brought oranges and yellows down individually, and a slight desat overall.

Ishkibibble_Fish
Feb 14, 2008

BananaHam:
1 part treefruit
1 part mud ungulate

doodle_duck_dandy posted:

P2117807 by HelloWorldEp1, on Flickr

Blown out street lights, but the cars where not travelling fast enough for a short exposure, needed 13 seconds between traffic light cycles.

Looks like you were already pretty stopped down, but you can try an ND filter for this next time. Like the composition, though.

Ishkibibble_Fish
Feb 14, 2008

BananaHam:
1 part treefruit
1 part mud ungulate

ataxia posted:

Treesky. by Paul Baker2010, on Flickr

This is amazing. I love the tree how it is; would be interested to see more of the ground lit, but I don't think the photo requires it.

Well, here's week six:

project 52, week 6 by C. Wade Photography, on Flickr

Should have used a grad filter on the bottom I guess, and could live without the traffic trail, but it was 12 degrees! Get in, get out.