Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008
Taking long time exposures is not what you are supposed to be doing during your honeymoon nights ! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008

..shot through a dirty window unfortunately. I couldn't find any balconies in the hotel.

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

You really should go back there with a flashlight or something to paint the building. It looks like an awesome structure but due to lack of light (and angle) it's more of a muddy mess in that picture.

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008

Brainwrong posted:

Here's one I took last night.

Good thing the cottage is only partially in the shot or else Kinkade would sue you! ;)

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008
Backyard picture. The lights and rocks looked really mysterious, but somehow I can not quite bring that out in the picture. Any suggestions ?

ETA: Thanks for the positive responses. I'll file the picture under "good enough" for now :)

Cross_ fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 19, 2010

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008
Smaller aperture = more streaks. First one is f/16 second one is f/8 and thus less streaky.

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008
For cityscapes, where do you guys get your meter readings from?

Currently I do a lot of trial and error, dialing the shutter until the preview looks right, but there's got to be a better way.

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008

TheLastManStanding posted:

The second is for astrophotography which tends to rely on shorter wavelengths. If you are anywhere near an observatory then all the surrounding areas will have sodium street lamps to prevent excessive light pollution.

Well sure the astrophotography guys can just use their expensive narrow-band filters, but what are regular photographers supposed to do with stupid mixed lighting ?

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008
That HDR version is really sweet.

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008

TheAngryDrunk posted:

This is wonderful. I am amazed that there is so little clipping in the houses despite the long exposure.

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008
Woohoo - new lens. Let me celebrate with a moon shot :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008
^-- Pretty lights :3:

Auditore posted:

I'm not sure whether to edit out the wires over the road using context aware fill. Is it better to have more or less light trails in a shot like this?
I like the light trails and did not notice the wires. What irks me is that the photo is tilted.