Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
This was my first jump into night time long exposure photography. having problems focusing. Especially when it's 2-3 AM in the pitch black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008

TheAngryDrunk posted:

Live view and manual focus sometimes helps in such situations. Especially if you magnify the live view.

I was manually focusing but it's very hard when it's pitch black. There was quite litterally NO light except the stars. And the D80 doesn't have live view. I kinda wish it did sometimes. IT would have come in handy here

Four Banger fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 2, 2010

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
Here's two more from the same night. I've gotta say I'm happier with my focus in these ones.