Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

blackmanjew posted:

I know this isn't photography, but I thought I'd share because...

holy poo poo

http://vimeo.com/14352658

Check out the time-lapse thread for more like it.

And yeah, that video is cool as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

Click here for the full 2048x244 image.

Took this earlier tonight, turned out ok for not having a tripod I guess. Botched the focus on a few of the pics though. :)

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

Stacking lots of exposures I guess. But your best bet is probably heading out of town for the evening.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

Saw this on reddit, thought you guys might like it:

quote:

Nick Risinger, a 28-year-old native of Seattle, trekked more than 60,000 miles around the western United States and South Africa to create the largest-ever true-color image of the stellar sphere. The final result is an interactive, zoomable sky map showing the full Milky Way and the stars, planets, galaxies and nebulae around it.
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/04/sky-panorama/

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

First time trying the star trail thing, pretty fun! Didn't do anything to this other than stacking it with StarStax. Lots of hot pixels it seems..

Couldn't get to my intended subject (a line of rocks leading out to a small island) because the shoreline was flooded there, so this had to do.