Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quazi
Apr 19, 2002

data control

Dread Head posted:

I love night stuff and have been meaning to do some more.

This one I liked the first time you posted it, and still it hasn't lost any of its luster!

PlasticSun posted:

It's not very often I get to see both the Milky Way and a campground that seems to involve a story. Very nice.

Nondo posted:

The subject matter doesn't pull me in nearly as much as the contrast between the two textures : the gritty texture of the road and the ethereal fog in the distance.

---

An intense lightning storm came through last night. The wind caused the tree limbs to go bonkers, but I didn't expect the lightning to flicker so often that it gave me those 'stuttering' patterns in the clouds.

both of them:
[ 30s | F/5.6 | ISO 800 ]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quazi
Apr 19, 2002

data control
The juxtaposition of warm/cool makes this one the most successful for me. The composition, contrast, and texture are icing. The only thing keeping me from recommending you print a zillion copies is that it isn't quite as sharp as it could be. (The monopod may have something to do with this.)

But heck, print it anyway!

--

Here are my latest:
Oklahoma City National Memorial

quazi fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 27, 2009

quazi
Apr 19, 2002

data control

Ishkibibble_Fish posted:

This is very graphic & well-composed. I love that it's 9:01. It's a very conceptual shot with one stationary figure & one who vacated the frame earlier. I might play around with the curves a little more. It's a little flat to me, but it's all subjective!
Thanks. I appreciate that you noticed the disappearing person. If you ever get a chance to go to the OKC memorial, expect to see ghosts.

If you're referring to the shadows in the stairwell being flat, yeah I might go in a punch those up a little more. The bulk of the image is intentionally black though.

---

I posted this in the SAD thread, but everybody got too wrapped up in baby crap to critique the image.

quazi
Apr 19, 2002

data control

joat mon posted:

Boomer Lake?

(pic taken in '02)
Clever time machine you got there. :v:

quazi
Apr 19, 2002

data control

(click for flickr)

D300s w/18-200VR, 1/6sec @ f/8, ISO 400, 200mm, tripod, cropped by 24%

quazi fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Dec 21, 2010

quazi
Apr 19, 2002

data control
Haven't posted in freakin forever:

Sorrento at Night by jwallacephoto, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quazi
Apr 19, 2002

data control
Dollar General in the middle of nowhere.

quazi fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 13, 2024