Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrButterpants
Jul 20, 2002

One of a small handful of posters on TFR that really, really know their shit when it comes to long range target rifles. -Cyrano4747

PlasticSun posted:

Few from my latest trip out into Utah:

Full trip report here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3150351

Those are loving fabulous!

What kind of post-processing did you do? I can't ever seem to get my milky way's that crisp without startrails forming due to too long of exposures....but then again I'm not usually in the middle of nowhere with no light pollution.

Do you do the dirtbike thing and ride rampart too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrButterpants
Jul 20, 2002

One of a small handful of posters on TFR that really, really know their shit when it comes to long range target rifles. -Cyrano4747

PlasticSun posted:

Thanks!

There's very little post done on the images, the shots were 30 seconds at 2.8 and ISO 1600. On my 20D they're pretty noisy but they print at 11 X 17 pretty well. If there's interest I can post the originals here tomorrow.

The Dakar is pretty heavy for most of the stuff at Rampart but I've been back there a few times, mostly I just like riding Jeep roads and 4wheel drive tracks, it's been over a few gnarly things like Black Bear Pass but each time I do that I just seem to collect a lot of stratches on the sidetanks and bruises everywhere on me.

The XR650L you see in the shot is Stress Pill's the Triumph Bonnieville belongs to Rope Kid.

Excellent. I shoot a 30 and 40D so guess I shouldn't really be complaining about my noise level if you've got such nice results with a 20.

I ride an XR400...we're doing Taylor Park/Italian Creek/American Flag Mtn next week :)