Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

mCpwnage posted:

I've been trying my hand at some long exposures but every shot I take seems to be slightly out of focus.
Are you stopped down, using a decent support system, and using mirror lock-up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

DJExile posted:

Is there any way to get this or am I screwed since it's a really bright white light making the letters?
Shoot another picture with an exposure appropriate for the letters, mask it onto the first shot. Voila!

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

DJExile posted:

Jeez, I really overthink things sometimes. :downs:
And it only cost you $yourfirstborn!

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Khelmar posted:

Moonbow in Yosemite
I kind of like the look, it's similar to stuff shot on old film cameras with high saturation film.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

The problems you describe are why God invented CLA's.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

You have to link the photo page, friend :)

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

aliencowboy posted:

The meteors didn't want their pictures taken. :(
Next time use an intervalometer, and set it up so you end up with your shutter open all the time. Voila! Can't miss a thing anymore.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

The cool thing about super clamps is that you can stick them practically everywhere, and you can put lights on them too.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

go look at some cool Mars shots

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Jekub posted:

Click here for the full 1920x1080 image.

This one is a stack of 100 images, aligned, integrated and processed.
Jesus gently caress. How much work is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Fjord posted:

My first attempt at night time long exposure fire photography. Comments are appreciated.
Try shooting at dusk instead of in the middle of the night if you get the chance, so you get at some some sort of ambient you can balance off of.