Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Star patterns are unavoidable, just don't point at point sources of light.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

How long was that? 2 seconds? :v:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Wouldn't be hard to do some perspective correction and mask a modified curve over the snow to bring the color cast down. Just create an adjustment layer in PS and bring the red down where the snow is and bring the green up a little.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

deaders posted:

These are great, but have you had people calling the cops because of the creepy dude with the giant camera lurking outside their house?

Not once but thankfully I'm doing nothing illegal if they do.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Some fireworks from halloween

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Ezekiel_980 posted:

How do you decide how long to expose for in your shots? I want to try long exposures downtown again but on my pentax and i'm clueless of what to set f-stops and shutter for on Portra 400 (if that is the best choice surrounded by lights)

I use an incident meter and a reciprocity chart for Portra 400.

If it's super dark I'll just go for f/22 at 20 minutes, which is how those two were exposed.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

from an excursion to Kalama and Longview, WA with MrBlandAverage & Mido

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I'd really hope that my lounging porch wasn't next to Subway's dumpster.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

The shutter speed will determine the length of your trails, your aperture will determine how bright the trails/stars are.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Luckily you can emulate that by putting your hand on the screen

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

So keep doing that stuff, because as a to-be-UK-to-US transplant I still dig seeing odd looking Subway franchises in small town America.

:thumbsup:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Three-Phase posted:

Can you use a laser pointer (preferably a powerful green one) to get a reference point to manually focus?

I've done that for several years with great results.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Dren posted:

Your options are portra 400

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

use a hat shutter

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

Sorry bro.

But to rub it in since you’re being a troll, that photo paid for my whole trip.

One consistent thing about your years-long career of terrible posting in the Dorkroom is that you still can't seem to distinguish between anyone disliking your boring brand of dentist office photography and trolling.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

It’s cuter that you think I care for your garbage tier critique. If you had put any thought into your comment I would have replied in kind like I did in the landscape thread.

Funny, because that’s exactly how I got this title.

What did you think the response would be here to the 2018 equivalent of tonemapped images? It's the same view we've all seen hundreds of times, with some ridiculous post-processing. It's a lovely photo, the photographic equivalent of a collectible eagle figurine, easily digestible schlock. You've sold another print, Mr. Kinkade, congratulations.,

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Astoundingly awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

xzzy posted:

gently caress Elon Musk. :colbert:

solidarity