Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timage
Feb 6, 2006
I love night time photography but I'm only just starting out. All shot with Sony A550.

The following was shot at 1600 ISO.

The following was shot out of a plane during a storm, again with a 1600 ISO.

The following three were shot by 'painting' the subject with a torch.

Any comments/critiques would be appreciated. Also the A550 handles high ISO shooting amazingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timage
Feb 6, 2006

ogopogo posted:

And the associated time lapse (from a slightly different spot)

http://www.vimeo.com/29737852

This was very, VERY cool. Care to post how you came about this? did you just use each exposure as a frame and animated at 10fps or something? If so, how long was each exposure?

I know in the description you noted that you didn't keep a constant white balance, however I think the resulted effect was awesome. The change in colour was only subtle.