Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
A double exposure of sunset and twilight of the iconic canyon junction bridge view of Zion. First time trying focus stacking and double exposure with about 8.5 hours difference in the shots.

and some more star shots from that week

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

bobmarleysghost posted:

But, why?

It is not good, at all.

Sorry bro.

But to rub it in since you’re being a troll, that photo paid for my whole trip.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It’s cuter that you think I care for your garbage tier critique. If you had put any thought into your comment I would have replied in kind like I did in the landscape thread.

xzzy posted:

Learn to distinguish between hard knock critique and trolling.

You're getting a hojillion upvotes for it on reddit's hugbox but in the rough and tumble something awful comedy forum you gonna get it straight.

Funny, because that’s exactly how I got this title.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Just post

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

last week

Zion

Bryce Canyon

Delicate Arch

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

TheLastManStanding posted:

What are you using to process your photos? You've got a ton of hot pixels and I could have sworn both LR and the standard ACR could detect and remove them.
Other then that those photos are dope.

Only thing I can figure is that my sensor is having some trouble, it is one of the recalled D750 sensors so I need to send it in. It's never been an issue in the past with the same settings.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Dusk at Delicate. This was about an hour before the one at the top of the page.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Canyonlands

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

He’s not driving innovation he’s stifling it because he’s a capitalist pig. I used to think he was a net good but just a doofus and I was wrong. He’s a loving ghoul.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

well your curly fries are garbage now what happened

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

probably saturn, it's pretty bright this month and low in the sky.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Got a star tracker and tested it in the backyard last night. Only got off 10 frames between cloud cover to test but I'm excited for clear skies friday night on the new moon to get an hour + exposure time

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

skywatcher adventurer pro pack for the counterweight and brackets to make everything easy.

kinda sketchy setting it up because if any of the 10+ thumbscrews are loose there goes my d750 + 70-200 2.8 :v:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Tight crop because of light pollution but here's the northern sky tonight

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Pleiades

Only had 15 minutes of exposure time on this but I look forward to getting an hour or two now that I have the mount dialed in.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Still just getting the tracker dialed and shooting what I can in the backyard before taking it out to dark skies. Here's a peak of Orion and some dumb satellites

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

better shot at the Pleiades but still getting a lot of gradient from light pollution.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

quick ipad edit of what I shot tonight of the Orion Nebula. 200mm with about 8 minutes of exposure time. Excited to work on this more for real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Here’s the final version using full photoshop. iPad editing is like 90% there but frustratingly hampered for no reason.