Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

advion posted:

I love love love the tones in this. Nice work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

DoLittle posted:

I think that's a shot you pretty much HAVE to use a wide-angle lens for or else you get the mess with all the partial cars at the bottom. Or you can fire up that photoshop and get to work! Other than that it's a cool shot.

Took this on a beach in hawaii. It was very dark. 30 seconds @ f2.8 and iso 6400 and there still wasn't any detail on the trees.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Wow that must have been a very still night.. the sharpness of the tree compared to the sky behind it kinda makes your head spin when you stare at it.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

North Ave Winter by Myotomy, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

The Lake House by Myotomy, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Pittsburgh at night by TomOlson, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Spedman posted:

These are shot on some film while I was half-cut about during last New Years, the roll has been in the fridge a while. Cross posted with the large format thread:

Over Melbourne by mr_student, on Flickr

This is awesome but imo you should fix the vertical distortion.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

accipter posted:

My biggest issue with night photography is focusing. Are there any tricks? I have an electronic focus ring so understanding what will be in focus is a challenge. My current technique is to focus way close in, and then back out a little bit. Clearly, I have some room for improvement.

Set your focus to infinity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

charliebravo77 posted:

but not a bad first try.

whoah there don't be too hard on yourself.

18mm on a crop is not too tight; this looks bad either because you missed your focus or your shutter was open for too long causing star trails. You also pushed your exposure way too hard resulting in that awful shadow noise.