Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Inspector_666 posted:

I saw the Daoboys when they were opening for Rolo Tomassi and the venue was poo poo garbage, but I just picked up tickets to see them with '68 at St. Vitus so I'm amped.

Good choice, they're wild live.

Here's a few photos from the Toronto show they just had in November

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

https://youtu.be/dhl9CKojQtw?si=PzATsZk7TBdZhPts

This teaser for the upcoming Many Eyes track inspires negative confidence in me

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

ShoogaSlim posted:

hny dead thread

i saw poison the well two nights ago at this small rear end little skate shop outside of LA and it was great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02H7Q7QM7Nk

seeing them again tonight at a normal venue and hopesfall is about to go on right before them. good times.

Saw poison the well tonight. They are so loving good.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

XIII posted:

oof

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

XIII posted:

i think it sounds pretty sick actually. i don't want etid dlc as a band.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'm fine with non-heavy Keith (love The Damned Things) and am open to being proven wrong by the full track, but that preview just sounds lazy

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
Sounds like Chevelle or 10 Years. Not super exciting but at least it’s not Diet ETID. Cautiously interested to hear the full thing.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

'68 and The Callous Daoboys are touring together and are playing a small venue a couple blocks from my place. Very stoked

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Tour of the year if you want your brain destroyed
https://twitter.com/sanguisugabogg/status/1747303536029827081?t=f-KXxbr1BzsgS_drCeLefg&s=19

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

gonna go wearing a falling in reverse tshirt

jk but seriously i can't wait to see jesus piece again

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Sleep Token got doxxed and deleted all their social media

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Wachter posted:

Sleep Token got doxxed and deleted all their social media

Hopefully they also delete their band

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Wamsutta posted:

Hopefully they also delete their band

:hmmyes:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I genuinely do not understand all the hate for that band

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I genuinely do not understand all the hate for that band

For me personally it's because they make bad music.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

The drumming in Alkaline is sick.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I like Sleep Token :shrug: Regardless, internet people suck.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

I can't read a single band name on that poster, so by metal rules, that means they're extremely good bands, whoever they are

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Skill issue

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

acacia strain and btbam are going on tour doing two nights in each city. tas is doing step into the light on night 1 and failure will follow on night 2. im too lazy to go get the flyer.

btbam is doing colors or whatever idk and idc i will be promptly leaving after tas plays.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Sleep Token are great, caught them on their last tour and they put on a fantastic show.

They’re not the hardest band on the planet but they do cool stuff and they’ve been a fantastic gateway band for people who don’t listen to metal.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

xZAOx posted:

I can't read a single band name on that poster, so by metal rules, that means they're extremely good bands, whoever they are

They should write the times and locations in black metal script too, so only Trü-fans show up.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

https://youtu.be/GaRPu_g6330?si=K1-nulpSbpUQLa-G

Okay, so I don't hate the full track

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
I really dig it actually. Feels very 90s/2000s alt rock in a way that's distinct from The Damned Things or any of ETID's softer tracks, and Keith sounds fantastic. It may be his best clean singing performance, especially during the bridge. I wouldn't be mad if the full album leans more in this direction.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

I really dig it actually. Feels very 90s/2000s alt rock in a way that's distinct from The Damned Things or any of ETID's softer tracks, and Keith sounds fantastic. It may be his best clean singing performance, especially during the bridge. I wouldn't be mad if the full album leans more in this direction.

100% agree with all of this. I played the track with my wife in the car and she was digging it too and she is not a heavy music enthusiast, she said it made her think of Soundgarden and Nirvana, I kept hearing Filter. I really like the song it is like uncalled for amounts of catchy. Keith sounds so good on all three of the Many Eyes songs that I'll likely end up having all of them grow more on me once my brain stops expecting it to be Every Time I Keith. I have Better Lovers to scratch the ETID itch. Happy to have both bands to look forward to.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I basically agree with y'all, but, oof, those might be the most boring lyrics I've heard out of KB

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

In all honesty this reminds me more of a Riverside track than any other band I can think of, or some other proggy band that I'd be into. I really dig it tbh

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Anyone who ever hosed with Darkest Hour, tap in. I'm jamming the poo poo out of this whole record that dropped Friday. Fun fact, the vocalist/bassist is Donnie Wahlberg's son, lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA05Jfgmk0E

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

this is pretty solid. def filling that darkest hour melodeath core void

not that this matters whatsoever, but i hate their logo. trying to make it symmetrical forced the designer to turn the letters in "upon" into the worst looking shapes i've ever seen

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

some of my buddies from way back in the day who were in a local band decided to pick things back up and make a new ep and are playing a few shows again for the first time in idk like 15 years or something. they just dropped a video and it's great to see them back at it. some of you here might dig it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42JMTnqmc4A

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I just tried to get tickets for Botch's last show as soon as they went on sale two minutes ago and it already claims there are no tickets available.

e: NVM got one for the day before! I slightly preferred seeing Great Falls and Helms Alee to Caustic Wound and Mortiferum but I will take it!

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 26, 2024

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I really wanted to see the Ov Sulfur/Mental Cruelty tour but here in Seattle they are playing in the total shithole venue El Corazon and the tickets are over $90 so gently caress that. If they were in a decent venue I would pay that I guess

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kenshin posted:

I really wanted to see the Ov Sulfur/Mental Cruelty tour but here in Seattle they are playing in the total shithole venue El Corazon and the tickets are over $90 so gently caress that. If they were in a decent venue I would pay that I guess

lol $90 for El Cor?? Most shows there are like $35 max and I don't even know who Ov Sulfur is.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Kenshin posted:

I just checked on seetickets and it's like $23 with service charge so maybe there was a typo somewhere

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Wachter posted:

I just checked on seetickets and it's like $23 with service charge so maybe there was a typo somewhere

Huh, what the hell. Guess I'll go look again, maybe it was a site putting inflated prices up for preorders or something

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Reminder to always check the venue website, or the band's website for tickets. I've almost fell for reseller prices a couple of times.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
how did nobody mention this when it came out

had i known about this in 2023 it would have easily been in my top 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sytr9_jkdlI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFtyYd-IFaM

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

el B posted:

Reminder to always check the venue website, or the band's website for tickets. I've almost fell for reseller prices a couple of times.

That's the thing, I'm pretty sure I followed a link directly from the band's Instagram post about the tour or their website...

Edit: ticket purchased for $22, thank you folks that pointed out I was wrong.

Time to get old person metal fan ear plugs...

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 26, 2024

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Love to see Unprocessed getting some love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kenshin posted:

Time to get old person metal fan ear plugs...

Eargasm makes plugs that work as well as their name is awful.