Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

radikewlism posted:

Sorry to bring this up again, but the thing about BMTH is not that I think they make lovely music, it's that I cant get past the fact that they are such lovely people to enjoy it. Sure, I know a lot of you probably can, but it's a personal opinion of mine, and I don't expect anyone else to feel the same way.

Edit - gently caress new page. Okay hmm...

My bad :(.
This is understandable as long as you're not going to say that "lovely people = lovely music" (or lovely fans = lovely music) which a lot of people have done lately. I agree about both them being lovely and their typical fans being poorly dressed and sometimes annoying, but personally I don't really think about it much and it doesn't affect my enjoyment of their album... I just won't go to their shows. :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Why not?

mostly because of the fans, I honestly hate unruly crowds...especially ones that crowd-surf directly onto my neck.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

I once saw The Acacia Strain and It Dies Today in CBGBs

there was literally nowhere in the club you could stand and expect to not get punched in the head

Okay so maybe I said that quickly without thinking! SHADDAP

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

I was going to say "it's because you're a human being!" then I realized you are a pretty good poster, so I guess I don't know what to tell you.

:byodood:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

LostCause posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo this thread is exact proof to why I couldn't give a poo poo about the metalcore/deathcore/human being scene.

I enjoy both TAS and Emmure, highly. They are both fun as poo poo to watch and listen to. And before reading the last ~10 pages of this thread I had no idea about the stupid bullshit that occurs between them and outside the music itself.

I enjoy music. Not the loving retarded scene(s) that exist within subgeneras that incorporate them. You faggots should feel loving ashamed for even taking sides in such a ridiculous debate. This is music, not metal/death/core/faggotland 2010.

gently caress you and your scenes.

gently caress. YOU.
thanks for posting

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

mr.vj posted:

This entire thread is like looking into a civil war; it's hilarious. This thread is like a PSA telling me what bands I should completely skip over or listen to for a good laugh. A lot of bands turning the genre into one gigantic fashion show? Getting a raging boner because of a machine gun sampled-breakdown? Music is dead.

Glad you're getting some use out of it, now plz don't post here anymore. We're not polluting the metal thread with our "gay" music so why must you migrate over here just for the sake of being contrary?

e. for clarity: Your posts are wordy but they are nothing more than trolls, featuring such hits as "THIS GENRE SUCKS AND HERE'S WHY" which noone here could care less about. WE DO NOT CARE that you don't like the kind of music that is meant to be discussed in this thread. We like it, you do not, goodbye.

krustster fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 5, 2009

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

A5H posted:

The genre doesn't suck. But in comparison to the old metalcore thread this is filled with scene wankery.

I just want to talk about music :(

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Ramseyk posted:

What Threat Signal are you listening to? The one I'm hearing has a shitload more Linkin Park lame poo poo. Unfortunately. I mean the riffs are good and all but Jon Howard needs to cut back on the clean singing. It really brings down the album (although I like it once in a while)

my GOD do I agree with this. I loving hate his singing. On the other hand I think the new Divine Heresy vocalist is a good singer despite being similar, because he doesn't sound as nasal and gay. A few other guys like Lawrence Mackrory and also Guillaume-whatever from Scarve are able to do it well. I don't know why the Threat Signal guy doesn't realize he sounds awful though.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

in other news I have obtained the new Black Dahlia Murder (through legitimate means, though it may be out officially now) and it sounds really good so far. Obviously similar to Nocturnal but it seems faster and more action-packed.

edit: doesn't hit stores till the 15th but it's probably floating around out there now. Listen to "Black Valor" for best results.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Ramseyk posted:

you did not click on my link krutster i am disappointed :mad:

sorry friend I am doing it now :shobon:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

MetaKaiser posted:

Hahaha, MyChildren MyBride just played around here recently. Their merch guy was this little dude with "Militia" tattooed on his head and he jumped into the pit and started trying to man handle people. Someone put him head first into the wall. Greatest thing I've ever seen. South Jersey just goes hard.

The band is loving amazing though. Headshot anyone? loving, the heaviest song about Halo ever written hahaha.

lolol did they play Linkin Park's "One Step Closer" when you saw them? They did when I saw them with Parkway Drive and it was just so ridiculous that I couldn't help but love it. The singer said "I know you guys know the words to this one, even if you don't want to admit it!"

he was right :(

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

-Atom- posted:

I remember seeing the video to One Step Closer and coming back to my freshman class homeroom the following day and telling people about this heavy as gently caress song I just heard.

Oh boy.

I actually liked Linkin Park before they were popular because my local college radio station was playing Hybrid Theory when it came out which was oddly like a year before they hit it big IIRC :smug:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

I saw them outdoors at "DTE ENERGY" in the Detroit area a few years back before I was a fan of the band, and they were awesome. The crowd was huge and people were all packed together getting tossed back and forth like an ocean of bodies or some poo poo. And since they don't have breakdowns, I didn't even get punched in the head! :cool:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Okay that was actually pretty funny.:cool:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

attackmole posted:

Replace DL with Vincent and all of Emmure with Frankie, and this actually happened two days ago.

http://www.metalinjection.net/fueds/vincent-acacia-strain-frankie-emmure-brass-knuckles-match

That is one of the most awesome things I've seen in a while. Of course Vincent won. Lolol, he probably went up to say "hay man let's just get along" or something and then got attacked.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

WHOA album is awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO8trg7RHtI

agreed, album fucken owns. Featuring "MVP" and also...well, just about every song on there owns.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

the Bunt posted:

Why are there two vocalists? They sound nearly identical!

One of them used to do pig vocals/some gutturals, but now that everyone else is doing it I guess they decided to stop. Now it sounds like just one guy, yeah.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Muttonchop posted:

Makes more sense now. Here's a list of guest musicians on this album:

* Steve Brodsky (Cave In)
* Adam McGrath (Cave In)
* John-Robert Connors (Cave In, Doomriders)
* Uffe Cederlund (Disfear, ex-Entombed)
* George Hirsch (Blacklisted)[20]
* Brad Fickeisen (The Red Chord)[21]
* Hamilton Jordan (Genghis Tron)[22]
* Mookie Singerman (Genghis Tron)
* John Pettibone (The Vows, Himsa)
* Steve Von Till (Neurosis)

Featuring Converge on all songs

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

Truly, there is only a limited amount of music that I enjoy and only a few bands I really respect out there for making consistently good music. I understand BTBAM's progression, but I dislike the shape that their music has taken recently.

As for there being a "real" hardcore thread. I understand the distinction between real hardcore and what is mostly considered metalcore. The most old school band I listen to is All Out War and even they are a metal hardcore fusion band. I like bands like Converge and Trap Them, but TT apparently consider themselves "death punk" or whatever. I admit I don't even really like "real hardcore" that consists of bands like Gorilla Biscuits, Agnostic Front, etc. To me that stuff is more punk with angrier vocals than anything else.

I can imagine most people in this thread have no idea what bands I just namedropped

This post is from like a week ago, but seriously what the hell are you still doing in my thread you pretentious bastard. :mad:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

m3talh3ad posted:

Lamb of God / Darkest Hour show last night in DC was very awesome. Except for the loving wheelchair guy, again. 3 for loving 3 for having to huddle around a guy in a wheelchair in the pit during Lamb of God to make sure he doesn't get crushed into oblivion. Its getting pretty god drat old.

Does anyone here like This or the Apocalypse? Or Periphery? They opened up the show, and while I'd never heard any of them, they sounded pretty good. Any thoughts on their poo poo?

Next time you see the wheelchair guy you should try to tip him over or something.

as for This or the Apocalypse I think they're awesome. They kinda sound like August Burns Red meets Misery Signals or something. Their album is really good and has a lot of creative stuff going on.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

The more I listen to The Great Misdirect the more I don't like it, which is disappointing for me. I too enjoyed "Obfuscation" and was hoping for a very fine tape.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Shiiiiiiiiit, bringing Eternal Lord back in here for some people who may have not heard of them. Set Your Anchor is loving brutal http://popup.lala.com/popup/360569458718147526 But so is pretty much every other song on Blessed Be This Nightmare

you son of a piss I thought you were going to say they had a new album :mad:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

this is the place to do it, unless by "whinge" you mean "complain" in which case :frogout:

Just kidding.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Unfortunately, as far as I know, they're broken up :(

as the bearer of this news you shall now receive your just reward

:commissar:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

MalConstant posted:

Circle Of Contempt's Artifacts in Motion is another fantastic release from Sumerian Records. For those who like Within The Ruins, Born Of Osiris, and Veil of Maya, this is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQDBnZJuFbQ

HOLY poo poo :byodood:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Psshaw, that solo's got nothing on AtB's solo at the end of Ometh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crzIZyfTOkQ

Starts just after 3:15

good choice, I picked that one as my "OFFICIAL CERTIFIED BEST SOLO OF 2008" and have listened to it over 1 billion times!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

my shades :c00lbert:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Come on now, that solo is good but not even close to the same level as the one in "Ometh".

not to mention the rest of the song is way worse :c00lbutt:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Mazel Tov posted:

Only a couple solid songs on the new Molotov Solution CD imo. I preferred them more when kyle was still in the band

I love almost every song on there thank you very much :mad: Dunno who Kyle is but if he was the one who did the gurgling vocals, then yeah it's too bad he is gone.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

Unfortunately White Chapel is bigger and that's who people, like me, who've never heard them before will compare them to. When your sound gets copied and commercialized, you either have to start doing it MUCH better, or just change it up.

Yeah of course, when another band comes out with a sound similar to yours, it's your responsibility to change. :rolleyes:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Mazel Tov posted:

Sorry that Whitechapel attracts an ignorant crowd of people and therefore is more commercialized

that band is poo poo :smugbert:

*listens to Winds of Plague*

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

I like Whitechapel, Molotov Solution, BMTH and even Suicide Silence.

~*~~*sErIoUsPoSt*~~*~

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

speaking of bands that are good, who likes the most recent Rose Funeral tape? I know I do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ACX8ea4HI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIvi_3FLoE0

OCEANO IS GOOD TOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmS2hu7lQm0

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

deadwing posted:

way to not post the oceano video that's half the fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGS8vvQKg14

I can't believe I forgot there was a video :doh:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

MalConstant posted:

Finally, As Blood Runs Black posted a track with their new vocalist.

It's pretty sick.

http://thirddegreemerch.com/asbloodrunsblack

OH GOD :byodood::fh:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Business Raptor posted:

P.S., There is no difference between any As Blood Runs Black album. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Late to this one, but I'd say you're right considering how they only have one album.

quote:

My co-worker told me to check out Caliban but neglected to give me a starting point and they have seven albums.

Help me out you hipsters.

The last two are their best by far, and I think their most recent tape "Say Hello to Tragedy" is their best so try that.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

GrazoTheClown posted:

Can't get enough of Destroy The Runner right now. Such a good band.

I take it you mean "I, Lucifer" because that one is really good. "Saints" was clever but it was a major As I Lay Dying ripoff with weaker production.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

GrazoTheClown posted:

I hate As I Lay Crying, Saints is a great album. I like it more than I, Lucifer.

:argh:

edit: not sure how you could like "Saints" and hate As I Lay JO'ing considering how they sound ridiculously similar, but anyway DTR is a good bandh

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Business Raptor posted:

Yeah actually now that I think about it, you and that other guy mentioning them pretty much doubles the other people I know who have heard of them...

prepare to have your mind blown because I have also known about them for quite some time

AND.....

so have many other people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

flare posted:

I guess they closed the Live Show sub-forum. Anyway posting this here.

Last night was the second time I had seen Between the Buried and Me play live while headlining. Both times I've seen them they have had fantastic openers and overall great bang for the buck show. Last time I saw them Behold... the Arctopus was opening and this time it was Scale the Summit, Cynic, and Devin Townsend Project.

That all being said, BTBAM has the worst loving fans in all of existence. No other show that I've seen live has had so many people booing the openers and trying to heckle them. (Not even local bands, not that its in any way better or OK to do it but I've come to expect it when local talent is playing.) gently caress you and gently caress off.

If anyone there was booing Cynic then I hope you murdered them for the good of humanity.

quote:

It makes me feel so that people are just seeing them for the first time so recently when I remember when they first formed the band together rocking out to demos.

So would you say that you liked them before they were popular?