Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^Well, before the poo poo storm starts, I'll just chime in and say I loved The Poison. Never got too into Scream Aim Fire, but maybe they'll win me back. I believe I'll click your link now, good sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

With some luck, I'll be seeing Oh, Sleeper tomorrow night w/Greeley Estates,pm today, I Am Alpha and Omega, My Hands To War, and Kingdom Under Siege. I've heard a couple Greeley tracks, but for the most part I don't know them or any of the other openers. I missed Oh, Sleeper and ETID together a few months back, but luckily they're both coming back through AR this month, so I'll just have to catch two concerts.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^Yeah, well, due to poo poo weather, I missed it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

A good boy posted:

A friend of mine recommended hatebreed like a decade ago, last night I realized how stupid I was for not listening. One positive thing about is that at least I got several albums to listen through.

In ashes they shall reap, I find it impossible to sit or stand still listening to this. When out walking and listening to this I bet random people in the street thinks I'm a weirdo because it makes me make grim facial expressions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRd6En458Zw&feature=related

I doubt there is anyone as awesome as hatebreed, but if you got any advice I would deeply appreciate it. I've always listened to other types of "Metalcore/Deathcore/Whatever-core" so the genre is new to me.

I've got a couple friends that are big into hatebreed. I've always been aware of them and respected them as a band, but never listened to them much until a couple weeks ago. I've been jamming them a lot lately. It's drat near impossible not to be pumped as gently caress while listening to them!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'm seeing Every Time I Die, Norma Jean, and Cancer Bats this Friday. Pretty stoked about it....

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Eight Is Legend posted:

That's a fuckin' great lineup.

Yes it was. Probably the best show I've ever been to. Such a blast! And, to make it better, it was the first show I've gone to single in years, so I could actually enjoy it and not have to play babysitter the whole loving time.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^That show would be a blast.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

Has Texas in July been mentioned in this thread yet? I recently heard them pop up on my last.fm feed and I'm really digging them. The singer has sick vocals. They're all like 17 or 18 and already signed. Good for these dudes.

MySpace.com/texasinjuly

A buddy of mine just showed me these guys a day or two back and I really dug em. The vocalist reminds me of Micah Kinard from Oh, Sleeper at some points.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

m3talh3ad posted:

Awesome loving album.

Agreed! I've been listening to it nonstop since Tuesday.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Well, my Sunday night just got more interesting. I had totally forgotten that Oh, Sleeper, The Bled, A Plea For Purging, and Letlive are coming to town. Yay.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^In your defense, I also heard an Attack Attack song the other day on Pandora and was kinda enjoying it, til I looked and saw it was them. Then I felt dirty...

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^KWD is loving good poo poo.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

So, I'm sure I'm WAY behind here, but everyone needs to check out letlive's latest cd, Fake History. It came out last April, so there's a good chance that it's been mentioned in here already, but I just got around to picking it up and thought I'd spread the word.

Check em out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTR4iLjKM7w

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

-Atom- posted:

First thing I tried to do was find live footage of this band.

Of course there is none.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUTYrp8Qqks&feature=related

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^I was lucky enough to see ETID last year at a small venue without barriers. Best show of my life.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I've heard some Dr. Acula in the past (they came up a lot on my Arsonists Get All The Girls Pandora station) and I've never minded them. Kinda like the stuff I heard then more than that new track, but it was ok too.

Emmure will never be good.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^The new Norma Jean was great. I like to pretend The Anti-Mother didn't even happen....

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

That Guy From Pearldiver posted:

I really need to have the Anti-Mother explained to me. Not in "what were you listening to/being inspired by while you were writing this CD" way. Rather in a "WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOU? kind of way. I'm too terrified to listen to Meridional because of how wretched TA-M was.

Just think of TA-M as a cd released by another band that just happened to be named Norma Jean.....and all the members looked exactly like all the members of the real Norma Jean.

I was worried Meridional would be TA-M part 2, but it is NOT.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Eight Is Legend posted:

Speaking of the Defiler video on the previous page, here's a video of the vocalist in the studio - pretty insane that he's only 17 and has a voice like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM8leemy-bg

Saw that video. Pretty amazing coming from a guy that young/small.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^They did, but, from what I've read, it's all been resolved now. The vocalist did exchange a few punches though. Most Acacia fans hate Emmure and most Emmure fans hate Acacia now though.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I liked it :colbert:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^Weird, I just stumbled across Hundredth for the first time early today. Also, I've tried to like Pianos Become The Teeth, but can't.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Apparently, letlive. signed with Epitaph and are re-releasing Fake History with three new songs on April 12th. I know they aren't metal/death/whatever-core, but they're still loving awesome and fit this thread better than any of the others. Seriously, check them out. Between that and the new BTBAM, it's gonna be a good day.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^I would cum buckets

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Wickacha posted:

The Contortionist.

Hey, my buddy just intro'd me to these guys! loving good poo poo.

Also, I'm hoping the new Winds of Plague cd doesn't suck. They're kinda a cheesy, guilty pleasure. I really enjoyed (most of) Decimate the Weak, but The Great Stone War was a big letdown to me.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I really liked TAS's cover. It's the only one I've heard so far.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I also like I, The Breather. I might go see them next month along with Upon A Burning Body, The Color Morale, Like Moths to Flames, 3-D Arcade, and Every Knee Shall Bow

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

A5H posted:

I don't understand this at all.
I know what the individual words mean. But...?

Me either. I've read it 5 or 6 times and I think my nose is about to bleed....

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Trapped Under Ice, Stick To Your Guns, and motherfucking Terror.
This show is coming to my area soon too. Still not 100% sure if I'm going or not.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Any Texas in July fans in here?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

MMMCCLI posted:

Me.

Heard the new cd yet?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Gotta say I was let down too. The difference in the vocals is what killed it for me. They've always sounded a lot like August Burns Red, but I think a lot of that has to do with Adam Gray (TIJ's drummer) and Matt Greiner (ABR's drummer) being good buddies, so they have a super similar style. Plus, the spoken prayer part in No Greater Love pretty much instantly killed that track for me (but that might be what I get for being a godless heathen listening to a Christian band).

Here's hoping the new ABR cd is better.

XIII fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 21, 2011

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Kinda an obvious one, but I've always really liked the breakdown in Stiletto by Symphony in Peril.
(starts around 1:47)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKtQHhHnJDQ

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

I'm not even going to listen to the Trivium song because they're garbage. They played a show at the Downtown in Long Island and one of my friends mooned the singer and we were all making fun of how bad they were.

No joke. Ascendancy was ok, but everything since that has sucked huge balls.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I've never really liked TBDM, but I think part of it is because I was determined not to like them before listening to them. Some punkass overnight waiter at Ihop told a group of my friends and me that he listens to "only REAL metal, like TBDM" and he hates "old wannabe metal bands like Black Sabbath" because "they have no musical talent."

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Wamsutta posted:

Also the first two Bury Your Dead records still own bones and I like to continue thinking they stopped making music once Mat left the group :colbert:
He's rejoined now. I'm looking forward to the new cd.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Anyone else really excited for the new August Burns Red that's coming out next week? The new Vanna is releasing on the same day. I'm pretty excited about both.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^Then don't go to Christian shows. I'll be putting my "who cares" attitude to the test in a few weeks when Oh, Sleeper comes to town.

krustster posted:

Memphis May Fire

new Of Mice & Men
I just kinda stumbled across Memphis May Fire and was pleasantly surprised with them. Also, I'm glad you mention the new Of Mice & Men because it totally slipped by me. I really liked their self-titled and had seen they had a new album coming out, but I guess I dropped the ball.

On the subject of ABR, I really think that 90% of the reason I like them is because of Matt Greiner's drumming (much like Adam Gray is pretty much the sole reason I like Texas in July). Dude is an absolute machine. I could care less what their beliefs are, as long as they don't ram it down the listener's throats.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

the Bunt posted:

I don't really like when a band's personal philosophy is a defining part of their musical act.

Guess you're not a Within the Ruins fan lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Straight Edge are the worst.