Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I know they aren't really as heavy as the generally discussed bands in here, but does anyone else like Enter Shikari? I REALLY like them and am highly looking forward to their new cd. I was a little underwhelmed with the first single from it, but I've still got high hopes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Just listened through the new ABR and it might be my favorite album from them. If you don't like it, you're just broken.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

I do love that they included a midi version of the first track at the end of the album, though, very funny touch.

I really liked that too! But, my favorite bonus track has been this acoustic version of Internal Cannon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B90bVyD-e1U

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Once Nothing comes to mind. If you're like me and still enjoy Southern-y metalcore, do yourself a favor and check out their only full length, First Came the Law.

the Bunt posted:

Everytime I Die do it sometimes.

I love these guys and can't loving wait for their new cd.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Anyone else listen to the new Within the Ruins ep? I just found out about it and it made my day.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^Big Dirty is probably my favorite ETID album. Last Night in Town sucks and the band agrees.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

Don't make empty claims like that. Link to the interview or whatever that you read where it says that the band thinks their own album sucks...

Yeah, sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdWVPZDV8aM

EDIT!!! My baaaaaaaaaaaaad, it's Burial Plot Bidding War they didn't like!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Roasted Donut posted:

This is from a bit back but He Is Legend have a real southern vibe on It Hates You.

I really dig me some He Is Legend. Most people think they peaked with I Am Hollywood, but I think I prefer Suck Out The Poison (I think I'm the only person that feels that way). Hollywood is a VERY close second, with It Hates You being my least favorite.

\/ My buddy hooked me up with a copy of Exoplanet. Good poo poo, right thurrr.

XIII fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jul 11, 2011

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Eight Is Legend posted:

I fuckin' love He Is Legend, probably my favorite band. And nope, I agree, Suck Out the Poison is their best record. I feel that I Am Hollywood is their most catchy album, but both Suck Out the Poison and It Hates You are more gratifying in the long run. Also, "Everyone I Know Has Fangs" is a monster of a track - goddamn Schuylar Croom has an amazing voice.

I just feel like the songs on Suck Out The Poison have a lot more complexity to them than on the other two albums. Also, I wish I could have A. caught a show from them when they were still a band and B. caught a show when Schuylar was doing vocals for Maylene

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Eight Is Legend posted:

Well, they actually played a show in their hometown a few months ago, so there might be hope yet. From what I hear, the band just got burned out from being attached to a scene they felt no connection to, being on lovely tours with lovely bands and generally getting screwed over by the labels. Hopefully, they just need time to distance themselves from that whole experience so they can get together and write some new material. They are too talented not to.

Also, I saw Maylene with Schuylar here in Copenhagen, so nyah :P !

I will burn everything you've ever loved.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Xenoid posted:

Anyway, Underoath is touring North America with Times of Grace, Stray From The Path and Letlive. Haven't seen them since 2003/4 or something like that.

Bring Me The Horizon is touring again so I will be seeing them for the 2nd time this year. They are touring with Parkway Drive, The Architects, Deez Nuts, and While She Sleeps.

I went last week and saw letlive. and Stray From The Path and it was loving awesome. They were the two that we all went to see (seriously, do yourself a favor and check them both out) and, after they were done, we chilled outside talking to Jason (frontman for ll.) and Dan (the drummer from Stray) for about 45min, while Killswitch 2.0 played. We left before Underoath went on. Nothing against them, just not into them like I was back in the day.

I really wanna go to the BMTH tour, mainly for Parkway Drive and Deez Nuts. That being said, I wouldn't hate seeing BMTH or Architects. Don't know While She Sleeps.

EDIT:

The Dirtyness posted:

Crush Em All tour
Within the Ruins coming to my area soon with Oceano and Whitechapel. I'm not a big fan of the later two, but I REALLY dig me some WtR and would love to see them play live. Not sure if I'm going to go or not, because I hate 95% or more of the douchebags that go to shows in my area.

XIII fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 27, 2011

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Would now be a bad time to chime in and say I don't like Trivium either?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

Namedrop much? I have no idea who any of those people are.

Travis Orbin is God on the drums. I don't know why I never posted this in here before, but everyone needs to check out one of his (many, many) other projects, Of Legends.

Here's Travis playing one of my favorite Of Legends tunes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvOpG_0N5Xo

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Wamsutta posted:

New BYD is loving awesome. Lets me pretend they never recorded anything after Cover Your Tracks. They're not reinventing the wheel, they're doing what they do well. Good poo poo.

I also like it a lot. Sounds like good old BYD.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

-Atom- posted:

Every Time I Die is touring with GWAR.

I'm going to this tour.

I'd heard rumors about this, so when they confirmed it today I was pretty stoked. Looks like I'll be driving to Dallas to see them.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Eight Is Legend posted:

First time I've listened to Stray from the Path and gently caress does this song shred - includes guest vocals from Cory of Norma Jean: http://www.rocksound.tv/features/article/exclusive-first-play-stray-from-the-path

I saw Stray and letlive. a few weeks back and it was awesome. I'm a big fan of both bands and they both kill it live. I don't know how many times I've listened to Make Your Own History, so I'm pretty excited for some new Stray jams.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

drat, they must REALLY like that game, because they even used the name layout from the game cover (well, one of the covers).

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

So, I'm probably way behind here, but I just stumbled across The Arusha Accord (thanks, Spotify) and I'm really digging them. Here's my favorite track, so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l2CatCKrBE

XIII fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 27, 2011

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Xenoid posted:

I think it belongs in this thread..

There is a new Maylene album out. Has anyone listened to it yet?

As a big fan of Maylene's earlier releases, I'm extremely let down by everything I've heard off the new release.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

MMMCCLI posted:

New Architects

Yes! I just listened to this three times in a row. Wow.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

MMMCCLI posted:

Someone hook me up with some hardcore! I'm thinking 50 Lions / Deez Nuts / Terror type stuff.

Cheers

I've got nothing to add, I just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoy listening to Deez Nuts. Fun jams.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'm jizzing buckets over this,

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

So, new ETID single is out. I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1gi_aOe334

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

-Atom- posted:

Didn't watch the video because I'm a baby but this is typical ETID and that means it's great so I'm pumped on the full length.

I did my typical thing and watched the video then immediately played it again and only listened to it. ETID is probably as close as it's gets to my "favorite" band, so I'm pretty excited for the new release.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

As a big Oh, Sleeper fan, I'm a little disappointed in myself for not getting Children of Fire. I listened through it once on Spotify, then forgot all about it.

On a related noted:
The Devil Wears Prada, Every Time I Die, Oh, Sleeper, and letlive. just announced tour dates together. Pretty stoked about it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

krustster posted:

Oh yeah, despite their status as a favorite amongst teenyboppers, the latest Asking Alexandria tape is quite good and very similar to BMTH.

Huh, I was unaware of that status. I've liked then since I got their first album on a whim and the first words on it were "gently caress THIS!" , followed by a rather good breakdown.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'd start with letlive. I got hooked on them last year and my love for them quickly spread throughout my friends. I like Oh, Sleeper a lot and I'm kinda meh about TDWP.

Regarding shows: some are blast, some aren't. It depends a lot on the crowd. I will say that both ETID and ll. put on AWESOME shows.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'm not particularly found of the TDWP's high vocals. Also, their drummer's footwork is super crisp, but a lot of times the hand parts are kinda lackluster. Little details though. Hasn't stopped me from enjoying a lot of their jams.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

While I'm not a big fan of The Black Dahlia Murder, I do really like Shannon Lucas and I didn't know he was drumming for them now. After a quick Wikipedia search, I see he joined in 07 and that I'm massively behind the times.

One thing I REALLY like about letlive. is that, while I love riff driven bands (ETID), they aren't your typical riff-riff-breakdown-riff band. The guitar work isn't out of this world, but their rhythm section is awesome. They really aren't "heavy" enough for this thread, even though I've mentioned them a time or two, but I highly recommend people check them out.

EDIT: Now, with more links! Here's two letlive. songs for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTR4iLjKM7w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXURelyq2fo

XIII fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 27, 2012

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Eight Is Legend posted:

Straight Edge Clothing

The first time I met a now very good friend of mine was at a party and he was wearing this shirt:

He's, roughly, 6'3" and close to 300lbs, so it was impossible to miss the "message". What makes it ok is that he was SHITFACED. I instantly knew we were going to get along. He has a couple more xEDGEx shirts, specifically for occasions like that.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

If you like The Acacia Strain, I'd venture to say you'd like Parkway Drive. Personally, I like them more than TAS.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Kingnothing posted:

Arsonists Get All The Girls: Portals (please stay away from most of their other stuff, especially their newest album)

killwhitneydead.: Nothing Less Nothing More

I picked up Portals based entirely off the band's name and I really enjoy it. Maybe it's good that I never got around to checking out more of their stuff

KWD is a bit of a guilty pleasure, but goddamn are they fun to listen to and try and pick out samples.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Seriously though, iwrestledabearonce really is loving terrible.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

MMMCCLI posted:

This. Saw them live on the never say die tour once and they were just as bad live. I also can't stand HORSE the band, happens they were on the same tour and played back to back, worst hour of my life.

Haha who were you waiting to see?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I don't like Emmure in the slightest. They just don't bring anything to the table for me.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

A5H posted:

ETID released another new song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AEp-Owhqbr0!

I wish the album would hurry up and leak.

Me too. The new track definitely has a The Damned Things feel to it, which I was hoping wouldn't happen too much, but I still really like it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

A5H posted:

I believe ex lives has leaked. Let's hope it's amazing!

Oh. poo poo.

Regardless, I'll still buy it, just for the album art. I'm kinda gay for Jordan Buckley.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Dirp posted:

It's rough, it's gruff, it's mean. Less than two weeks til' I see them now, I'm so stoked.

Also, banjos!

I'm only about halfway through it, but it's definitely more reminiscent of their early stuff. I like it. (but, I do also like the more riff driven ETID too)

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

The Gallows posted:

Waiting to hear about this. I'll check back after the 6th.

I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I really enjoy Ryan's drumming style and feel it adds nicely to ETID's sound