Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

deadwing posted:

Since you're a huge fan, can you tell me what the gently caress is going on with their "hiatus?" I've heard that they're back together, kinda, sorta, but not really. What's exactly going on?

They weren't together for a while, most of the band left save the lead guitarist, the vocalist, and some other one I don't remember who. I've heard they're back together, playing shows and writing new material and what not, because someone from another band (I forget which one, some fan eh?) said so.

I haven't really checked into it too much because I'm afraid it might be a hoax. I guess we'll just see then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

Whoa... who are you and how do you know about them?

Is it so difficult to believe someone knows about the Partisan Turbine?

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

It's just pretty funny because I know those guys fairly closely and didn't think anyone knew who the hell they were. The fact that people DO know is awesome, but I never expected it.

Yeah actually now that I think about it, you and that other guy mentioning them pretty much doubles the other people I know who have heard of them...

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

Wow you weren't kidding, eh. That sure is heavy ha.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

krustster posted:

prepare to have your mind blown because I have also known about them for quite some time

AND.....

so have many other people

I would assume so. My mind has refrained from being blown.

And yeah, they pretty bad regardless.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

Same with Straight Reads the Line.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

For anyone who gives a gently caress:

Lower Definition new band Promo

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

I saw Straight Reads the Line a few years ago and they were really good, and then I saw them last year and they were just as good. I'll probably see them when they come to London this month on their breakup tour thing, I forget when it is.

When I saw them the first time it was only about 15 people, too. Then again it was in Belleville, Ontario at a lovely bar, and the Holly Springs Disaster were supposed to headline.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

Chelsea Grin suck. Personal opinion.

And dancing and shows are two words that really shouldn't go together. Now THAT'S not rock and roll.

I've been listening to some Brazen Bull recently, this grindcore-esque band. The vocalist is pretty intense for anyone who likes that kind of poo poo.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

I was just joking about the dance thing.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

HA.

Mosh 4 Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

Well my roommate likes these guys. They're called The Arusha Accord. I think they're kind of lame, but I thought they might get some attention in this thread.