Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Cock Soup posted:

I love how you bitched everyone on their taste in Metalcore but yet listen to WOP, what I consider to embody everything wrong with the scene.

Yeah I find that pretty classic too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

ShoogaSlim posted:

I admitted that they're cliche. And I agree that they can be seen as what's "wrong" with metalcore, but I can't help being into them. Whatever bro's, back up off me.

I think the term you're looking for is "lay off a nigga dick"

WoP is useful gym/lifting music for me, it's dumb as hell and aggressive... if that's all I'm looking for, they deliver.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

after seeing them live plz inform us who tries harder to be 50 cent, the dude from WOP or Frank from Emmure

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

That Circles of Contempt album is loving awesome, I have been playing it a lot since Concealed was posted in this thread... thanks for sharing that

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Windmill Hut posted:

Phil Labonte came "second" in the job for KSE vocalist after Jesse left. Part of me kind of wishes he got the job.

Not me. Howard is perfect for KSE. I actually was going to see the KSE tour but backed out of buying tickets when I heard Howard wasn't doing it.

I like ATR and I like Phil but Howard is 90% of my enjoyment of KSE's music. His stage presence is profound. I've seen ATR live a good 7-9 times by now, and ever since "Overcome" came out, Phil seems more interested in fondling his nipple piercings in the direction of teenage girls in the pit than in performing. :smith:

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

On a whim today I googled to find out if the Acacia Strain were working on anything, and... behold: http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/april/09The_Acacia_Strain_Heading_Into_The_Studio.shtml

quote:

The Acacia Strain has set dates to record the follow up to their 2008 release, the highly successful "Continent." The band will be returning to track the new record with Zeuss at Planet Z Studios in Hadley, MA, where they recorded "Continent," on April 14th.
Vocalist Vincent Bennett commented: "It's been a long time coming. It's going to be hard to follow 'Continent,' but I'm confident that everyone will be as pleased with this record as we are. With this album we're not trying to reinvent the wheel, per say, but prove ourselves viable in today's music scene."

Written and (to be) recorded in its entirety on 8 string guitars, this record will be the heaviest record of 2010, hands down. Bennett added: "This is not the heaviest record EVER written, but it IS the heaviest ACACIA STRAIN record to date."

What loves The Acacia Strain and has an erection right now? THIS GUY!

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Skynet - Less like their typical stuff, shows more of their Meshuggah worship
Seaward - My favorite on the album
JFC - breakdown breakdown gently caress YOUR MOTHER breakdown
The Behemoth - instrumental

Good smattering of Continent tracks. If you don't dig any of those you probably won't dig the record.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

And on their other three albums

Acacia Strain owns

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

New Acacia Strain drops on July 20th.

I, for one, have an erection

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I could not "procure" this new Ghost Inside "tape" so instead I got their last one "Fury And The Fallen Ones" and it is good. I did not know about this band before

I also finally got around to listening to Oceano's "Depths" and wow, that is angry

"quotes"

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I think these dudes belong in the Metal thread nowadays but still: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryIrCbfJb2E

Acacia Strain - Jonestown

Single from the new record "Wormwood". Consider that poo poo pre-ordered. This song owns.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

krustster posted:

yeah I would make a youtube video or something but it's kind of time consuming and I'm sure someone else will do it soon. Until then, just trust me :c00l:

Are these the final album versions of "Hills" and "Terminated"? Because I've heard rough cuts of both songs on the recent "The Most Unheard" 'tape' that also has a Slayer cover and the Dr. Doom demo and some other poo poo. Hills rules, Terminated is okay. I want this album to come out NOW :)

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Faux Shoah posted:

New Acacia Strain leaked :ssh:

edit: and yes, it's loving sweet

Goddamnit it hadn't when I went to bed last night, now I'm at work and can't hear it until this evening gently caress this gay earth

But I did pay for a pre-order so I can listen guilt-free :)

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Seriously contemplating leaving work "sick" to go home and listen to it :(

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

holy gently caress this owns and I'm only on the first track

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Yeah. I don't know what they were going for with Tactical Nuke. After the third time playing the exact same piece I actually said aloud, "Oh shut the gently caress up" before going back to Beast.

Not sure how I feel about the album as a whole after one listen. I like it, I know that for sure, but it somehow seems to lack the groove/catchyness a lot of Continent songs had. Although to be fair, at first, I wasn't sure about Continent and was comparing it to The Dead Walk.

Edit: Why do so many of the lyrics rhyme? Vincent never gave a poo poo about rhyming before, and I liked it better that way.

Wamsutta fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 15, 2010

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

krustster posted:

maybe you should stop complaining :mad:

hey eff u buddy I'm just trying to take everything in. Album owns, the lyrics are vicious and the guitars are a new level of sludgy brown wonderment from these guys. I am content. Beast may be my favorite face-melting first track since Carbomb. The Impaler is this album's "JFC"

etc

are we still friends.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

The Dirtyness posted:

The new Acacia Strain is okay. All the songs sound exactly the same, so I'm probably going to get tired of it soon. Tactical Nuke is terrible too. Disappointing way to end the album.

Tactical Nuke is such a loving bummer. I don't get what they were doing with it. Cut it at a minute and it's awesome.

The following songs are awesome: Beast, The Hills Have Eyes, BTM FDR, Terminated, Nightman, The Impaler, Jonestown

The rest do sorta blend together. It's the Meshuggah vibe that does it. This whole album is slower than the rest of their work, and the slow pace combined with the 8 strings and chugging really makes everything meld together if you're not paying attention.

I like the record and it was awesome weight lifting music this afternoon. I do not think it will unseat Continent or 3750 for me, though.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Dead Walk may be my favorite too. I change my mind all the time about this. But 4x4 and Pity make a strong case.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I feel like a tool over-posting about Wormwood here, but not much else is going on in this thread, so...

BTM FDR may be in my top five Acacia Strain songs now. I love it. Classic Acacia Strain, "Vincent may have issues with women, just possibly, maybe" lyrics, groovy, bouncy swagger riffing. Song owns.

Tracks 1-9 are just straight awesome, the final three tracks fall kinda flat for me. I can't share your love of The Carpathian, sorry Krustster. It's :cool: and all, but not memorable, yet.

It's growing on me, just like Continent did. :)

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

m3talh3ad posted:

If you're asking if they are as big as, say, KsE or ATR here?

Hey lay off ATR, they're only faggots as of "Overcome" they owned before that :(

And KSE do such a fun live show, I love going to see those dudes.

Also still can't stop listening to Wormwood

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

MalConstant posted:

Are you kidding me? This is going to be EPIC.

Also, the new All That Remains song sounded awesome when I heard it on Sirius. It sounds like their old stuff for sure, but I'm positive they'll have radio friendly songs too. They're releasing it tomorrow for the masses on their website.

I feel like 15 again with all this metalcore news :3:

Okay, Times of Grace seems to have caused an erection that simply won't subside here. If it stays up for more than 4 hours I'm supposed to call some hotline right?

Also, I need to get my rear end home and check out the new ATR song... stupid work blocking Youtube... Overcome was a big disappointment after Fall of Ideals...

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

the Bunt posted:

I find this the case with most bands that have harsh and clean vocals. The clean singing is basically always constantly flat or sharp. The best I've heard was probably Tommy from BTBAM, but even he would go out of key quite often and it doesn't help that Paul's backing vocals are consistently flat.

I'm kinda suprised to hear people not liking Phil ATR's live vocals. I've seen that band at least eight times since 03 or so, and Phil sounds great live. My problem with ATR is they always mix the guitars way, way too loving low, and it's pure drums/Phil all night.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I used to live IDT. Their 3 track demo, original Forever Scorned (gently caress the remaster, ugh), and Caitiff Choir (again, original, not re-master) all own and are some of my favorite metalcore ever. "Sirens" was horrific emo garbage. "Lividity" was at least heavy again and I enjoyed it for the most part. They're at least moving in the right direction again. gently caress Sirens though, seriously

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

So Adam D + Jesse Leach's project "Times of Grace" has a single online (don't have link on me, I got it from Killswitch's Facebook last night) and it sounded pretty good :)

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Emmure used to be pretty cool and then became almost a parody of themselves, IMO. I liked their first couple of records. They took a turn with whatever album had Kurt Angle on the cover, and it's been awful from then on.

Also Despised Icon is the most "gangster" deathcore band I have ever seen. (they rule, not a knock on them)

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I saw Straight Line Stitch (Kris Norris' current job) open for Times of Grace last month and lmao, Kris Norris is being so badly wasted in that god-awful band

Darkest Hour do rule live, they don't miss a single note and are fun as poo poo to hang out and drink beer with

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

heeebrew posted:

I want to listen to stuff like this though : Arturo Gatti http://www.myspace.com/arturogatti

those bro's are still around? I remember finding them on MySpace in like 2006. I have to check their page when I get home :)

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Remembering Never rules, I forgot about those guys.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

OnlyJuanMon posted:

The Ghost Inside's The Lion War breakdown. So sick, they use it as an intro for their set. If this poo poo doesn't get your blood flowing, well.....we have nothing more to say to each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUsYIQoG4tM

yessssssssss

Also, the start of "Siren Song" by Ghost Inside. owns.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

ShoogaSlim posted:

Just downloaded the It Dies Today demo and Embrace the End's first album (It All Begins With One Broken Dream) both from 2001. I feel old, but it's awesome listening to these old songs again.

I lost the IDT demo on an old computer, but still own a copy of the 6 track EP (the original, not the remastered abortion). Great poo poo.

Also the first two Bury Your Dead records still own bones and I like to continue thinking they stopped making music once Mat left the group :colbert:

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Every Time I Die rule front to back and I'd like you all to apologize.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Am I allowed to enjoy Last Night In Town and their other albums, or do I have to choose? :(

I love the southern rock vibe they have. Different strokes, I guess. :)

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

OnlyJuanMon posted:

This just in: Deathcore on its way out.

I feel like we're about due for the return of rap-metal :stare:

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I almost exclusively listen to metalcore from 2004ish because I have no interest at all in the pig-squeal-core bassdrop bullshit most bands are about these days

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

krustster posted:

I got the new Bury Your Dead tape. It has the rather dumb title of "Mosh N Roll" but as you may remember, Mat Bruso is back. I guess the fan reaction after their last two albums with Myke had a strong effect on them because it's olde-tyme BYD at its finest. I only listened to it once so far but it seems like everything you could want from a Bury Your Dead album. It even ends with a "BURY YOUR loving DEAD" chant! It's like the good old days all over again. I like it.

*cums*

Can't wait to get that. Old BYD rules. The albums with whoever Not Mat Bruso is were loving atrocious

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

New BYD is loving awesome. Lets me pretend they never recorded anything after Cover Your Tracks. They're not reinventing the wheel, they're doing what they do well. Good poo poo.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

-Atom- posted:

Every Time I Die is touring with GWAR.

I'm going to this tour.

I'm typing with one hand right now

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

ShoogaSlim posted:

best band, backed

Yea buddy

Anyone with FB should friend DL. He's been in the studio loving around and posting clips of poo poo he's writing, and has been re-doing TAS classics (carbomb, Woah! Shut it down) and it's all rad as heck. I'm glad I saw TAS during the DL touring days but if he's still writing their stuff and playing on the records, I can live with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

krustster posted:

I saw them during the DL touring days. Wait, is it not the DL touring days anymore? Did he get really fat and can't fit in the van anymore or what?

When I first saw them in like 04-05 he was skinny as heck and still wore throwback jerseys and poo poo to perform and it looked really funny and as time has gone by he's progressed into some kind of swolefat beast covered in tattoos. Don't wanna fight DL.

But yeah he had a kid and stopped touring with them I want to say toward the end of 09. He still writes for them/lays down studio poo poo though