Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus
I don't know who half of those bands are but christian metalcore has always been huge. There have always been tons of christian, straightedge and vegan bands in hardcore/metalcore. It's really not a "have you noticed", it is a huge part of the scene.

And regarding BDM: when you tour with bands of a certain genre you get lumped in with them even if you don't sound anything like them. That's just what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus

the Bunt posted:

I mean come on, crabcore? Nintendocore? I like some of the bands within this genre (and am a complete and utter HORSE the Band fanboy) but I never ever say I listen to Nintendocore....and would never ever say I listen to crabcore.

"Crabcore" is something phiz invented to make fun of attack attack, it's not really called that. However the band did run with it and now they're making shirts with "crabcore" on them.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Converge always strikes me as one of those bands that everybody cites as a major influence on -core, but nobody actually likes.

You are dead wrong and you need to stop hanging out with stupid people with bad taste

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Obviously we're all in this thread to talk about it and yet we have people saying "99% of the music discussed here is horrible".

That's because a large number of posts in this thread are about objectively terrible bands, not because it is bad as a genre. I enjoy a number of terrible bands but I don't get all mad about it when someone correctly points out that it is bad music.

bmth is really really bad boring music made by stupid children for stupid children

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

So the new Trivium album is going to be produced by the lead singer from Disturbed :psyduck: this should be interesting.

bad band has album produced by terrible band it's interesting????

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus
I am absolutely baffled that some people in this thread like ANY ATR albums after Fall of Ideals. Darkened Heart was dope at the time and I was ok with Fall of Ideals, everything after that is just so, so loving bad. I'm just BLOWN AWAY by you guys actually managing to hang on for like 5 more albums before you gave up.

I saw ATR play with As I Lay Dying, Throwdown and Winter Solstice in some loving tiny rear end basement exactly 10 years ago and it killed so loving hard. I paid to see ATR like 3 more times but they kept getting stopped at the Canadian border for some reason. It's ok, you can keep them now.

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus

xZAOx posted:

There's something extremely off-putting about an "underground music" band asking to crowdfund an album.

Or am I just Old Man Curmudgeon xZAOx who doesn't understand how the kiddos these days do things?

How else are they supposed to do it? Sell out to a record label? That's not very "underground". Crowdfunding is just DIYing on a larger scale.

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus
Look, when you have one good album (yeah, one, that's what I said, not two or three, it's really just the first one) and then like ten garbage albums, you have to admit that the one good one is probably a fluke and you are not a "weird band". You are a bad band.

Edit: ok by one good one I meant This Darkened Heart, apparently they had another one before that. But don't give me poo poo that Fall of Ideals was still good, because what the gently caress is "whispers"

ShimaTetsuo fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 4, 2017

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus
I am extremely bitter because I paid good money in 2004 to see ATR three loving times but they only managed to get across the Canadian border once and cancelled the other two times. Get your poo poo together!

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus

Wamsutta posted:

Just realized why I like Erra so much. It reminds me of Misery Signals when they were good (first three records before they tried to become Opeth).

I don't understand this post at all. None of those 3 bands have ever sounded alike.

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus

kumba posted:

BTBAM last night was incredible, glad I finally got to see Colors live all the way through. They played Mordecai as an encore, a song that I never thought I'd hear live again!

When they did the Colors tour the first time like 10 years ago, one of the openers didn't make it and BTBAM played an entire second set of old songs to make up for it. It was the best.

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus
Emmure is straight trash but Frankie's current gig as guest vocals for Tony Danza is sometimes a music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBRQIIrXKlc

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus

ShoogaSlim posted:

selfishly sitting on a record

lol

ShoogaSlim posted:

also how is it a "throwback" if the style matches Low Teens

that's actually not what it says, maybe try reading that again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus
Last time a vocalist named CJ McSomething got kicked out of a deathcore band, they just released the album as-is (Lorna Shore's Immortal). Re-recording the vocals is a sick move, especially that late in the process. They must really hate that guy.

At least I no longer have to spend precious brain resources on trivia like "which CJ is the bad one"