Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
For all my fellow Dance Gavin Dance fans, new song that dropped today is absolutely fire

https://youtu.be/Df-fm-MSMqI

Andrew Michael Wells is definitely rubbing off on them, it almost sounds like an Eidola track, which is a very good thing IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
New TGI and Misery Signals, I feel like I'm in 2008. It's loving awesome

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

Fiendly posted:

Holy poo poo that ruled

Also ETID's Religion of Speed is a wildly underrated protest song

"My flower in your barrel hasn't stopped the slaughter yet"

Hell yes, that might be one of my favorite songs by them, but I feel like it doesn't get the attention it deserves. The breakdown in the end just makes me lose it every time.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Breakdown of Sanity is back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeLdxscZldw

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Been perusing top 2020 metalcore albums list and holy gently caress how have I been sleeping on Fawn Limbs this entire time. This is the unabashed Vildhjarta worship we all need

Also I finally got into Architects about a year ago so this direction change blows

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

xZAOx posted:

Yep, I posted about them during the year, but most people ignore my links because it's tech metal bullshit, hah. Fawn Limbs is insane.

I'm definitely the worst at ignoring too many of the underground links here. Not making that mistake again. Now I just started listening to Torrential Downpour and my mind is being torn apart

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
New After the Burial, too!

https://youtu.be/f9GUUqDFfBM

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
I've been on a DEP kick the last few weeks, this hits the spot so hard. Beyond psyched for the rest of the album to drop

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Fun personal DEP story that I feel bears repeating:

Back in the fall of 2017 I moved out to the Midwest from the east coast. I knew DEP's last shows were happening at the end of the year but didn't buy tickets since I had no idea what my life situation would be. Fast forward to December, I'm visiting family for the holidays and go to a random bar in Manhattan with a friend. I head to the restroom, and when I step out, I hear someone call my name. I turn around and it's my cousin who I haven't seen in nearly 10 years, who lives in Austin. Turns out he's in town mainly for the DEP show, and his girlfriend was very on the fence about going after learning more about what a usual DEP show looks like. So, he had an extra ticket... and it went to me :D We end up reconnecting after the fact and now I'm going to his wedding (with the same person that I met then) in September.

The universe is weird and magical sometimes.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Unearth always knows how to write bone crushing breakdowns with great build-ups. That alone is making the new album worth multiple listens

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

ShoogaSlim posted:

singer of remembering never died. bummer

Lame :smith: I've been listening to them weekly for the last year or so. Way underrated band, nothing hits quite like 90s/early 00s metalcore.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
I caught them live last month in Denver and they were incredible. They all seemed super happy to be up there and the positive chemistry felt palpable, hoping this project sticks around for a long long time

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
On an unrelated note, here’s your friendly reminder that Ion Dissonance’s Solace is finally on streaming services

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Lots of good recs from Shooga and some bands I haven't heard before. Got my listening cut out for me the next few days.

Callous Daoboys is another band that's still around from Shooga's list. I'm catching them in Denver tomorrow actually at a tiny venue!

Here are a few others that might be up your alley that I don't think were mentioned, both new and old:

Better Lovers (has Greg Puciato from TDEP and most of the rest of ETID)
Ion Dissonance (criminally underrated IMO)
Chamber
END
Johnny Booth
Remembering Never
Foreign Hands

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

XIII posted:

See you there, brother

Hell yeah :black101: I'll be there in probably my new Ion Disonnance shirt headbanging obnoxiously

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

XIII posted:

Update: he was wearing the shirt

XIII on the other hand was not as short as advertised I am also short

Good meeting you dude, let’s grab a drink or something before the next show!

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

Freaking out, Misery Signals has been one of my biggest influences/favorite bands for decades now. The whole Karl split was such a bummer but if they’ve reconciled…

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Soooooo this might be because it seems like they’re announcing a farewell tour:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Metalcore/s/Q9AM512Hox

:smith:

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

wandler20 posted:

I'm loving it but I'm also a huge ERRA mark and I feel like they keep getting better.

:same:

Really glad they’re finally doing a headline tour next month, I’ve missed them the last few times since I couldn’t be arsed to pay ticket prices for the acts they were supporting

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
And DGD finally kicked out Tilian lol, way too late but good riddance

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

Dango Bango posted:

Baffling they brought him back in the first place

Yeah as someone who’s made way too many excuses for them in the past, that was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me, completely stopped listening to them at that point.

Not sure if folks listen to Eidola (Andrew Wells’ other project) but their most recent album is killer, way more metalcore than their previous stuff but in a good way

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

I actually love the new TGI but it's real hard to share my enthusiasm because any description results in some of the bleakest sentences ever written. It's half "Breaking Benjamin covering a GaryVee video" and half "hey ChatGPT, write a Hatebreed song in the style of Wage War" but their songwriting just works for me in a way that none of the other bands who sound exactly the same do.

It's a little poppier than their previous release, but they still have those fun squat PR-inducing breakdowns and it hits the spot. I've always been a big fan of TGI myself (flew to their first show after the accident in LA/Shrine a few years ago) so I'm not exactly the most balanced/unbiased of listeners :shrug:

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
There are some albums that are timeless, I’ll always come back to things like Jane Doe at least once a year or so, for example. Maybe 30% of my listening is really old stuff, 30% is completely new (to me), and the other 40% is newish stuff I’ve discovered in the last few months.

As an example, Vamachara has been on constant repeat for me all month since they were mentioned in this thread, thanks for that recommendation Shooga

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Summer Slaughter finally announced their lineup

it sucks

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Bleed From Within hits that old school PWD/KSE scratch pretty well.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

I'm glad more bands are going full blown caveman and mixing slam with hardcore. Don't know if many other folks besides maybe Sunami doing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

oh hell yeah, this hits right in the lizard brain especially with that metallic pingy snare