Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Stuck in the middle with you.
Picked up the new Killswitch album yesterday. It's good, but I still prefer Daylight Dies. There's just not much of the melodic stuff I've become so fond of (My Curse, Rose of Sharyn, Arms of Sorrow, End of Heartache, etc). Still a good album, and it's going to get plenty of spin-time in my car.

I recently picked up a couple albums by In This Moment - "The Dream" and "Beautiful Tragedy". Good melodic metalcore.

"Beautiful Tragedy" is what I imagine KSE would sound like if Howard were a white chick from L.A. She does a really good mix of growling/melodic vocals, and the guitarist and drummer are easily on par with Adam and Justin.

"The Dream" is far more toned down. Still lots of yelling and hard music, but she doesn't do nearly as much screaming as on Tragedy. I think this album sounds more like something you'd hear from Breaking Benjamin. More touchey-feeley, upbeat type stuff. Still really good though, I'm enjoying both albums very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU