Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head
I'm seconding the praise for Architects. Got to open for them as well as Misery Signals when they came through in May; great show, great show. Awesome merch, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head
Anyone here into This Very Day? They're quite the force to be reckoned with live, and they have two albums on Blind Witness' label.

They ended up splitting shortly after their second album, but they've recently gotten back together with a new vocalist. I, for one, am really looking forward to seeing them in action again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhOMLO8R7DI

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head
Man I got to this thread hoping to tell everyone what bands aren't ok to admit to listening to but it looks like someone beat to the punch. Now what am I going to do?

I, too, have felt the pain of going to scene shows in the vain hope of getting 15 year old hardcore scene kiddies into real true metalcore, only to have them back away as to say "get away from me you creepy old man!" It never works, no matter how brightly colored my sneakers are, how tight my black pants are, or scene my band shirt is. It's very distressing.

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head

Spiral posted:

what more do you need to have integrity?

Bad production, blastbeats, and at least a little bit of discharge worship. Also, your cd has to be available only at indie record stores and not the mall. That seems to be what describes integrity.

I really don't get where these metalheads are coming from; the metal and serious-business hardcore/grindcore (profane existence lol) scenes are just as much, if not more, of a fashion show as the metalcore scene.

Gorewar fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 28, 2009

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head

Business Raptor posted:

On the topic of starting a band to save the "dying scene"...who wants to start a band in the London, Ontario area!? :canada:

You probably need to start/find a venue there first... it's kinda sad when everyone from London goes to St. Thomas for metal shows. It's hard to have a scene when there's nowhere for touring bands to play save for the Lions Hall!

Gorewar fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 2, 2009

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head
My band recently got its EP back from mastering, and we've made the whole thing available for download on 320kb mp3s:

Calculating Collapse - Fractal Sight of Consequence EP

I hope you guys dig it; we'll be touring again later this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head

Cock Soup posted:

That's some very good stuff you got there. The production is perfect. I really dig the sound of your bass drum. As for the songs themselves, you guys are pretty drat good. Without being overly original, you really manage to have your own sound. I like the fact that you don't have any over-announced breakdowns.

The only downpoint that I see is the fact that the first song of your EP starts with the only riff I dislike. It just seems that the second part of the lead never comes in at the same point, it pisses me off.

Where are you guys from? I could get you some gigs in Quebec

Thanks for the kind words! We're from Alberta, and we're cool with any help you or anyone else can give us, just drop us a line at our myspace. Southern Ontario was the furthest east we made it on the last tour, so shows in Quebec would definitely be cool.