Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Eight Is Legend posted:

I guess this is the thread to discuss the new He Is Legend record, "It Hates You" - which fuckin' kicks rear end. The intro riff on "That's Nasty" is so mean, bordering on drone-ish.

Next time, warn us that the song sucks major dick after the intro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Why do you guys have to hate? I mean I can't say I'm a fan of Attack or anything but they aren't the worst band ever and your just making GBS threads all over the thread

edit: And they put on a pretty good show
No. They're very much the worst band ever. But it can also be argued that 90% of the bands listed in this thread are ~~horrible~~

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

edit: and for those who were hating on Emmure, you can't listen to "Chicago's Finest" and tell me that isn't an epic song

listen to "when keeping it real goes wrong" and tell me that isn't the worst song you've ever heard.

WON'T YOU BE MY BRIDE? What the gently caress is that poo poo.

And no, no one loves Chiodos. They suck dick too. This is the worst thread. I'm amazed at how constantly you guys name drop horrible poo poo.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

I disagree on both points? Why don't you just get the hell out of this thread.
Chiodos' first album is mostly golden.
edit: as far as "keeping it real goes," the wont you be my bride part is the weakest part of an otherwise intense face-punching song.

Why don't I get out of this thread? Because I enjoy metalcore and I keep hoping someone starts dropping good bands.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Banannah posted:

Between the Buried and Me have announced UK dates and I can't figure out where to get tickets from. This is the best/worst day ever.

That's a good thing, I enjoy btbam but they put on easily the worst show possible. You'll be bored to tears 2 minutes in.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

beadgc posted:

These guys are pretty great, I just bought their demo on Itunes. It's nice to hear something a bit different from your standard hardcore. Any other bands with a similiar sound?

How the hell does this sound different from your standard hardcore. Vocalist sounds like the guy from in the face of war so you should check em out, also they're probably a million times better than these guys.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
http://www.myspace.com/achilles

I'm very much enjoying this band right now, maybe you will too?????

in other news I went and saw the acacia strain for the second time the other day, sooo goood. Although my children my bride are HORRIBLE and august burns red are really bad although they put on a good show and I like the singer.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

The Dirtyness posted:

I'm diggin this a lot as well.

You might like this band I've been into lately that this reminds me of called Oh Sleeper.

http://www.myspace.com/ohsleeper

Really? They sound nothing alike.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

-Atom- posted:

I respect your opinions but I don't understand them in the slightest.

It makes perfect sense? People listen to them and are amazed because it's a lot more technical than other metalcore acts and also because it's probably their first foray into actual non chuggah chuggah crap. But after a while you realise how little substance there is and how incredibly loving boring their songs are. I used to like alaska, and I listened to colors on rotation for a bit but I tried going back to listening to it after a while and I couldn't make it through ANY of their songs. The only part that I think is good on colors is the part with one of the guys from fear before.. I think on vocals.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

the Bunt posted:

I don't get how such a nice sweet group of unpretentious, talented guys (BTBAM) can get so much seething hate for writing the music they want to. Oh well, these are the same people critiquing a band on their MERCHANDISE. I also think the Self Titled CD is wayy more go-nowhere than any other album since. That album was almost entirely wanking, only just mostly metalcore instead of the vast array of style they play now.

I don't think anyone said anything about hating them. I have no opinion on them as people, I just think they make incredibly boring music that doesn't deserve all the praise it gets in this thread.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Spiral posted:

I love daughters but that band is hilariously bad. That can't be serious.

Except that they're a lot better than daughters. And any band that lists such incredible influences can't be bad.

And if we're gonna list some good white belt grind bands then I gotta throw out tower of rome and graf orlock.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

-Atom- posted:

You people really read the 'Influences' section and take something away from that?

I don't usually care about the influences section and I don't really take it seriously but I think a band that lists orchid as a major influence has much better chances of actually being good than one that lists whatever poo poo metalcore flavor of the month band you guys talk about constantly.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Spiral posted:

This is one of the best posts for not only defending a completely stupid idea, but also managing to attempt to insult everyone else in the thread for not being as well versed in amazing music as the poster. Very nice work.

I'm only insulting the ones with bad taste, why do you think it applies to everyone in the thread?

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

the Bunt posted:

So, all of the bands in music that were influenced by The Beatles are great bands?

Yes exactly this is what I said.

But yes, someone who is honest about their beatles influence and serious about making music he loves will probably make better music than the guy whose main influence is mychildren mybride and who's only making music so that people will say DUDE THAT WAS A SICK BREAKDOWN.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Spiral posted:

Sorry, I take back my compliment if you only feel you are better than a single person.

I needed that compliment :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

ShoogaSlim posted:

I agree with you, with emphasis on the probably. I will at least take a band a little bit more seriously if they are honest about their real influences. I tend to have a distaste for bands who are in just for the breakdowns and not for the real passion of music and the scene.

The emphasis as always been on the probably, which is what the bunt doesn't seem to get.

DERAIL OVER