Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

The Dirtyness posted:

This is amazing.

I've been really into the new August Burns Red and Arsonists Get All The Girls lately. They're both pretty solid and I think both bands stepped up their playing a lot in these albums.

Also I'm patiently waiting for a possible new album from As Blood Runs Black. Wikipedia has it listed as 2009 but I'm not too hopeful as I haven't heard anything about it. If you haven't heard their album Allegiance you should check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB3OgBXt4_U

I don't think I've ever been as excited for an album as I am for BTBAM's new release though. If they put out something better than Colors I think my head will explode.

Last I heard, their new album was recorded with the exception of the vocals. They're doing an audition thing on Myspace to find a new vocalist. I don't know if lyrics are written so I doubt very much it'll be ready for the end of 2009. It's too bad, I really did enjoy Allegiance. It was generic but generic in a very good way.

I'm counting down the days until BTBAM's newest is released. I've listened to Colors god knows how many times and it hasn't gotten old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Think
Sep 20, 2005

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

New shadows fall song is streaming on there myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/shadowsfall

Wow, its pretty good. Sounds better than anything off threads of life.

That's a really sweet track. I've never been a fan of Shadows Fall, adding their album to the ones I'm looking forward to this year.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Ok, so you guys seem to have a massive hardon for 7a7p (7 angels 7 plagues, I assume). Where do I start with them?

It begins and ends with Jhazmyne's Lullaby.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

That is literally the basis of this thread

Think
Sep 20, 2005

They look hilarious and sound even worse :(

Think
Sep 20, 2005

NarkyBark posted:

Despised Icon is breaking up.

Oh gently caress me, it's true. This sucks. At least they went out on a good note, I suppose.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

They're incredibly boring and generic.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

the Bunt posted:

Come on now. Oceano was just posted last page. Everything is fairgame.

That's one hell of a point.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

Hatebreed is one of my biggest guilty pleasures.

You'll definitely like Throwdown and Terror if you like Hatebreed, give those a shot.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

I'm with you guys. Great album, can't wait to spin it again.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

Yeah, seriously. If you don't like Deep Blue you are wrong and have no taste. It's my favourite of their three albums, I think.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

krustster posted:

Due to my status as a radio person, I received a 3-song sampler for the upcoming Acacia Strain tape. It has "Jonestown", "The Hills Have Eyes" and "Terminated". The big attraction is "Hills Have Eyes" which is so ridiculously good it blows "Jonestown" out of the water. There is a breakdown (Strain style of course) of untold heaviness and brutality that is sure to leave you lying unconscious in a pool of your own blood and diarrhoea. IT'S THAT GOOD! Can't wait for the rest of the tape.

It better live up to this description. :argh:

Think
Sep 20, 2005

Yeah, it's Rise and Oppose by Diecast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQgzy4Hg7JE

Think
Sep 20, 2005

New Acacia Strain leaked :ssh:

edit: and yes, it's loving sweet

Think fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 15, 2010

Think
Sep 20, 2005

My only complaint against an otherwise great album is that Tactical Nuke goes on too long. Like, 5 minutes too long.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

3750's the best, gently caress off :colbert:

Think
Sep 20, 2005

Sweet. Allegiance is basically what I default to when working out.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

MalConstant posted:

:cb:

I don't think this is such a good idea. (but hey it alerted me to this new album)

Think
Sep 20, 2005

It's actually really cool and definitely worth checking out. A bunch of the covers are great.

Tracklist:
1. As I Lay Dying – “War Ensemble” (Slayer cover)
2. The Dillinger Escape Plan – “Fight The Power” (feat. Chuck D.) (Public Enemy cover)
3. iwrestledabearonce – “Uprising” (Muse cover)
4. The Acacia Strain – “War Pigs” (Black Sabbath cover)
5. Periphery – “One” (Metallica cover)
6. The Ghost Inside – “Fortunate Son” (Creedence Clearwater Revival cover)
7. Winds Of Plague – “For What It’s Worth” (Buffalo Springfield cover)
8. Misery Signals – “Us And Them” (Pink Floyd cover)
9. Arsonists Get All The Girls – “Masters Of War” (Bob Dylan cover)
10. Oceano – “War” (Edwin Starr cover)
11. Veil Of Maya – “Sunday Bloody Sunday” (U2 cover)

Oceano's contribution is exactly as dumb and terrible as you'd expect, by the way.

Think fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 23, 2011

Think
Sep 20, 2005

Probably a better fit here than the other thread.

Some good bands here that I'd like to see, Darkest Hour in particular. Looking forward to it.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

Really happy with the new ABR album, been playing it on repeat for a few days now :)

Think
Sep 20, 2005

ShoogaSlim posted:

Chimaira loving sucks. What are we doing talking about them in a metalcore thread?

Who says Chelsea Grin jumped the ship on deathcore? I'm listening to the track on their myspace from the upcoming album as I type this and it's just as deathcore as anything else they've done.

I haven't listened to Suicide Silence in a while. I was very much into them years ago but I'm not a fan of the direction their sound has moved in recently.

As for other deathcore acts, what about Suffokate? They apparently have something new in the works and I think their album "No Mercy, No Forgiveness" is sick.
Yeah, I'm a fan of No Mercy, No Forgiveness. It had a really sweet guitar tone, some well-done vocals, and a shitload of great tracks. Holiness is Next to Filthiness is the best I think because it's flat-out heavy right from the start. I blast it every so often.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

ShoogaSlim posted:

Since this thread hasn't been seeing any action in a while, allow me to present you with something to :lol: at...

Suicide Silence featuring Jonathan Davis.

What in the mother of gently caress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP4416lS77A

Oh my god, what the gently caress is this?

Think
Sep 20, 2005

ShoogaSlim posted:

Emmure get more and more embarrassing to listen to with each passing second. I don't absolutely dislike their music but it's so hard to admit that I even like them a little bit because of how ridiculous they are.

I WANA WTCH U SUK HIS DIK BRO!

This is still the best Emmure thing.

Frankie Palmeri posted:

Drug Dealer Friend
At first listen, I’m sure a lot of people will probably think this song is about a female, but it’s not. This is about discovering just how weak people can be when it comes to substance abuse and how blind they become to how it affects the people around them.

...I'd have never guessed.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

Despised Icon are French Quebecers so you should forgive stuff like that. Also are you REALLY complaining about lyrics in metal?

The Faceless
: Leica I guess, it has some fancy guitar work. I'm not a big fan of them since Planetary Duality, but even so there are a lot of bands that do the same thing they do but better.
Suffokate: Slaughter Your Enemies, Holiness is Next to Filthiness, Not the Fallen. All of these are really tight, heavy songs. No Mercy, No Forgiveness is a fantastic album to blast every once in a while, the new one isn't quite as good in my opinion.
Veil of Maya: Punisher (mostly because of the ending now that I know the source, but the song holds up otherwise), but most of their songs are short enough that you're better of just listening to the whole album. [id] is really great.

Think fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Think
Sep 20, 2005

OnlyJuanMon posted:

I will admit that Liopnheart's videos come off a little cheesy, but MAN, do they DESTROY it at a live show.

Someone back me up here.

Confirming this. Hadn't heard Lionheart until I went to see the Acacia Strain with them opening, came out a big fan.