Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
I'm a big fan of the Bullet for my Valentine type of "core" even though I know it's considered kind of lame. That being said some awesome bands from that genre are Sonic Syndicate and Dead by April. If anyone can give me some more of those kind of bands I'd feel mighty good.

Edit: Someone told me those bands are considered "popcore" which I feel really gay saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -

The Capitulator posted:

Ahem, if you like Sonic Syndicate, you will enjoy In Flames (especially the newer albums), just in case you haven't heard them/of them by now.

Don't see anyone mentioning Burning Human. loving awesome, if you like your metal simple, heavy and without constant blast-blast-widlley-widdley-riff-riff poo poo, check these guys out.

Nice. I heard Take this Life by them before but had no idea who did it, glad I finally found them.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -

krustster posted:

If you like Sonic Syndicate then you will REALLY like the last few Soilwork tapes. I don't know what the hell this "popcore" stuff is supposed to be, just sounds like another stupidly-named fake subgenre for elitists to make fun of bands they don't like. They just sound like melodic death metal to me, albeit a more "mainstream" variety. You know, the Soilwork school as compared to the Amon Amarth school or whatever.

This is getting confusing now.

Yeah I agree. I'm diggin' Soilwork though, I actually like some of their earlier stuff too, when I was looking around on YouTube I ran across the song Follow the Hollow which was really awesome. While jumping around I also found the "metal" band In This Moment, their new album is pretty pop punk or something-pop but I love it nonetheless :).

Yeet fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 14, 2009