Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slearch
Dec 10, 2006

Couple of a corn field South of Ottawa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slearch
Dec 10, 2006

Dread Head posted:

These are shot at the wrong time of day, it looks like mid day sun which is very unflattering. Try to shoot around sunrise or sunset, the light will be softer and have a nice colour. Alternatively you can wait for a stormy overcast day and get some nice storm clouds.

Yeah you are right it was the midday sun. Unfortunately most of my free time is between 11 and 3 which is all in the midday range :( . Thanks for the criticism and advice - I love your landscapes.

slearch
Dec 10, 2006

Aargh posted:

I'm not too sure I agree with you on this one. I agree that morning or evening light is of a much nicer colour and that storms can work too but for the subject of corn fields I think midday lighting can work quite well. The shots shown aren't all that dramatic or necessarily well composed but the first one does make me think of a country summer afternoon.

What would you suggest as far as composition?

slearch
Dec 10, 2006

Near Lake Huron

slearch
Dec 10, 2006

HPL posted:

Whoah, what the gently caress?

Yeah, I have no idea. I took a bunch of pictures of it though. I have another one of it over the beach I was going to do some post on later, but it basically looks the same.

ALIENS MAN, ALIENS

slearch
Dec 10, 2006

Some snapshot/landscapes I took in PEI

Not sure how I feel about the upper clouds in this one - they were grey like that out of the camera so what can you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slearch
Dec 10, 2006

Creepy Goat posted:

extrusion by J Dawson, on Flickr

Where/what is this?