Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Landscapes are definitely not my area of expertise, but I'll give it a go with some of the better ones I've taken over the year or so.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bradgillette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

fenner posted:

Holy. Amazing, this shot is absolutely amazing, if I had money I would actually ask to buy a print from you.

Care to share some post techniques, your shots have a different look to them which I really like but would have no idea how to go about doing it myself.

Contact me through my Flickr account and I'll hook you up with a full res for print. (Through Flickr mail or there's an email link on my profile)

If I knew what I was doing with my post-processing, I'd share it, but it really changes with every image, and I just sit and stare at the images until they look good. The only solid thing I can say is that I start with the lowest-contrast image possible, then add in contrast selectively through curves and layer masks.

That image was a part of the campaign I did for the city of Healdsburg, in Sonoma County, California. I was asked to do a series of landscapes capturing wine country, along with numerous shoots of bed and breakfasts, hotels, and restaurants, which were featured in a print and web campaign, along with billboards and building wraps in Los Angeles, and bus stop ads in San Francisco. It's probably the coolest project I've done so far (hopefully I'll get the Campagna motors T-Rex campaign, which will blow this out of the water), and has guaranteed free trips out to Healdsburg working on ongoing projects for years to come.

Print Ads

C Magazine

San Francisco Magazine

Building wrap in Beverly Hills

Website

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bradgillette

woot fatigue fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 5, 2009