Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evilkiksass
Jun 30, 2007
I am literally Bowbles IRL :(

DO A KEGSTAND BRAH
How long is a "long" enough exposure to get that water effect?
Nvm found the exif info from the first couple images.

Then my other question is how dark is it really when you take these shots? I went to my local reservoir to try stuff like this and with f22 iso 200 exposure compensation 5 and the slowest I could shoot was 1/20th of a second. Maybe it just needs to be much darker then I think? Or does this kind of technique only work on westward facing beaches with large spaces in front that don't cast shadow?

Evilkiksass fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jul 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilkiksass
Jun 30, 2007

DO A KEGSTAND BRAH
I think I will have to find a better location to shoot, this was at a resvoir that is nestled in a valley and the light is just horrible and the water is too deep. What would it look like if you did a 5-10 second exposure of a creek and then had a very weak flash at the end....?

Evilkiksass
Jun 30, 2007

DO A KEGSTAND BRAH

Ringo R posted:

Amazing photos in this thread. Here's one of mine which people in PAD seemed to like. Hope it counts as landscape...

Ringo R, this is absolutely stunning, what kind of post processing did you do to this? Could you post the original?

Evilkiksass
Jun 30, 2007

DO A KEGSTAND BRAH

grack posted:

I tried to place the elements in the photo such that it could be divided in to thirds both horizontally (foreground/fisherman and rod/trees) and vertically (fisherman/blank/fishing rods).

And I'm a touch annoyed because I posted that photo in PAD and ansel didn't give any critique there.

I mean, maybe it shouldn't be put under landscape because the focus is really on the person, but I really didn't know where else to post outside of PAD.

Why does it matter what thread he posts the crit in? Also, why do you feel the need for strict adherence to rule of thirds?