Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

have been in CC lately, but here are some 'recent' landscapes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

crossposting an aerial landscape:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

penneydude posted:

Is this tilt/shifted?

no, i was flying and the jet exhaust might have made it seem that way toward the top.

i have another photo i posted in PAD where i try to take advantage of that.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3163062&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=27#post363791174

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

crossposting one.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

JaundiceDave posted:

jeez where is this?

also the background could use a bit more contrast, imo. but it is my background at work now.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

going to Sequoia NP on a several day trip on the high sierra trail (before a really stressful work month). if the weather cooperates, i'll have a bunch of good photos for this thread.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Reichstag posted:

Thanks, not so sure about this one. I feel like this sort of thing is probably better achieved with a tripod and long exposure.

yeah, probably. at least that'll let you stop it down.

i just got a roll of velvia 50 back and apparently 1/30 really isn't fast enough to shoot handheld wtf

so i did a three shot pano with that velvia:

scanned, it's like 500+ MP, and i dont have enough scatch space on my windows partion to dodge and burn it to look good. i did the above by shrinking it down to something far more manageable. when i gave my windows partition 20 gigs i totally forgot about scratch space

guidoanselmi fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Dec 4, 2009

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

drat that is some blue water. curiously what altitude were those at?

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

evil_bunnY posted:

Pretty sure you can move your scratch file?

i just looked this up & fixed it. thanks!

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

my hand shook in one of the photos :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

i've tried to do these shots so many times and never any luck :(