Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

Whitezombi posted:

Thanks. I really need to get a bunch of prints made. I have yet to print any of my stuff.

These are the best pictures in the thread.

Genderfluid fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

guidoanselmi posted:

jeez where is this?

also the background could use a bit more contrast, imo. but it is my background at work now.

Thanks! It was at a quarry outside of Salt Lake City, Utah.

Jean-Paul Fartre posted:

I'm really wanting to go to Yosemite or Yellowstone, anyone got anything from there?

I'll post some recent stuff from the West.

Arizona

Colorado

Oh wow, these are really fantastic. The first one's almost abstract, and while I've seen many a blurred river shot, this one is really great. Good job! Do you have a flickr?

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

fenner posted:

Crosspost of some from snapshot thread.

Also which of these do you guys prefer? first one is cloned to hell.

Second one by far. The first looks like it is (and it is) clumsily photoshopped.

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut
Just got back from Utah. View large on black.

Genderfluid fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 2, 2009

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

ConspicuousEvil posted:

This is just great.

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

mCpwnage posted:

This is great.

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

Reichstag posted:

Do quite like this one. Not sure about the other two.

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

octane2 posted:

Here's a few more from me...

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
1/100s f/5.6 at 17.0mm iso400

Darken the greens in the top left by maybe half a stop and this will be absolute gold.

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

octane2 posted:

Cheers for the compliments re: my waterfall image.

Here's a couple more to open my New Zealand, 2010 - Part 1 campaign.

Ohau Falls are found approximately 30 km north of the beautiful seaside township of Kaikoura.

You might think, "another waterfall". But, that's just it -- this place isn't just a placeholder for another waterfall. What makes this place special is the presence of colonies of baby seals -- the pool that has formed under the falls is a nursery and playground for these little critters. They make their way up from the ocean to play away from any natural predators (there are whales off the coast of Kaikoura) whilst mum and dad are out fishing and capturing meals. These beautiful little creatures are inquisitive, curious and just don't sit still. They are happy to come right up to you and give you cute glances which make you want to reach out and touch them.

I made this image under some interesting lighting conditions -- the image was made about an hour and-a-half prior to sunset. The falls and pool are nestled in a rainforest area; once the sun gets on the west of the mountain it gets dark, very quickly. I waded out into the water making sure I wasn't getting in the seals' way or intruding too much, to get a little extra reach in order to frame the scene as I had anticipated. I kept having to dry my circular polarizer as the splashes from the little ones doing their thing kept getting spray on the camera.

RAW blend for water and shadowed regions.

2s f/11.0 at 40.0mm iso100

The first rays of dawn begin to ignite Mount Tasman and Mount Cook, approximately 20 km in the distance, whilst the crystal clear steely mirror image is reflected on the calm and tranquil waters of Lake Matheson.

I almost thought that this morning would be a write off as there was an enormous amount of mist and low-lying cloud blocking the view. Just as I thought it was all over, the clouds seemed to disperse right before first light.

This image was made on an incredibly cold morning.

Note the first rays on all the tallest peaks and the waterfall in the distance.

2.5s f/11.0 at 40.0mm iso100

Click the images to view them on a black background so shadow detail is revealed.

H

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

Reichstag posted:

This is my favorite landscape of yours that you've posted.