Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I'd recommend just cutting your own mats. The few mats you have to throw out because you screw them up won't outweigh the cost savings of doing it yourself. It's really not that hard with a good metal ruler or square angle, a pencil and a bevel cutter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

MrFrosty posted:

This weekend I decided to drive 4 hours so I could wake up at 4am the next day and climb a drat hill. At least something good came out of it (I hope :v:)

That's some killer light, especially on the second one. I'm sure you could make quite a few print sales on either, though. I'd say it was definitely worth the effort.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Whitezombi posted:

Thanks. All of these were shot with the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS kit lens. I'm replacing it tomorrow with the Tamron 17-50 2.8 - can't wait!

That's awesome. Nothing like making great work with a kit lens.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

man thats gross posted:

Yeah, colour me surprised. I still want an ultra-wide though. :v:

I've got the Sigma 10-20 for my D300 and it's pretty awesome. It's actually pretty sharp, and a great deal.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Whitezombi posted:

Oh hells yes. Don't you DARE listen to anyone who says these are too dark. Get the color one printed on Kodak Endura Metallic and the black and white ones on true black and white paper immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Whitezombi posted:

The view from Sandia Crest.

Whitezombi - Are you filtering these somehow (with a filter or a red-biased channel mixer selection in Photoshop)? The skies look brilliant, perhaps I'm just not used to seeing such beautiful haze-free skies here in Southern California.