Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Wafflecopper posted:

Have you posted this one before? Or has someone else here photographed the same building? I've definitely seen it before.

Great shots btw

I think I might have to be honest

Megabound posted:

It's one of those buildings that if you live on the gold coast you've photographed it. In Brisbane it's the dome at the botanic gardens.

absolutely spot on about the gardens lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

hook it straight into my veins please

blue squares posted:

Taken on a 1991 Pentax point n shoot

000022950006 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

love this too. great colours

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

lovely

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Dang!

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

hadn't shot in a while, got out this morning for a walk locally - it was pretty overcast and gross but as soon as i got home the weather cleared up and now its beautiful out ugh

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

these are beautiful, just lovely colour/rendering/light

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

This is super cool. honestly, even after you posted about the powerlines I can't see the issue, so I think it works. I love that you can see the different light sources at the back of the block, really three dimensional

the shadows and reflections in these are great, really clever shots imo

best one of the patch yet

i took a chance on a vitoret off ebay and just got the first roll back, good news is it worked, bad news is these images are pretty bad lol. I only had fomapan 400 on hand and the max speed is 1/125 so these are nearly all at f16 and overexposed. This is my first time using a camera with zone focus/no way to check focus so I guess some of it is learning, but man a lot of these came back terrible. Here's a couple of the ok ones (these are the scans i got back, no post except rotation/resizing):

there's obviously some poo poo in the lens, not sure if there's much I can do about it without taking it apart, which I am not game to do.

this image is boring but was at f8 and the image quality is noticeably better, so I'll probably try again with either 100 or 50 iso film and see how it goes (also I'll probably use an actual film lab instead of a chain camera store)

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

this is awesome, all those straight lines, the snow, the long shadows, the yellow

this is really nice too!

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

love the combo of warm tones and snow

first time out in a while, spent a night at lennox head. didn't shoot much digital but liked how this one turned out:

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

GC (3 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (5 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (6 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (7 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (9 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (10 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (11 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

GC (1 of 11) by david childers, on Flickr

some favorites from the Grand Canyon rim to river via South Kaibab

Amazing. I really like the ones with the heavy shadows!

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

NM (1 of 4) by david childers, on Flickr
New Mexico views yesterday

i love this one! this is the kinda stuff id put on the wall

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

yeah that's real nice. red filter for the sky?

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

grilledcheese posted:

^ these infared shots are beautiful.

good stuff, I like the 3rd last one especially

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Hell yeah