Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023
^ this last page has been amazing

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023
ahh thank you! i get a little anxious every time i post in here

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

majour333 posted:

No reason, your work is amazing. What did you shoot this set on?

Sorry for the late reply. I'll have to double-check at home but I'm reasonably sure I shot this on Superia 400 with my Olympus OM-1n. It's my first film camera that I picked up around 2 years ago. I barely used it for the first year as it's fully manual with a broken light meter but it did get me venturing into film which has been a super fun, challenging and educational experience. And now I'm poor.

I think I've been following this thread for a decade, it's absolutely my favourite thread to scroll through. I like to check in every month or so to let the posts build up.

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023
i like the pano

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023
thank you

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023
^ I would get that and 11 framed imo

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023
^ these infared shots are beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

theHUNGERian posted:

My friend, please add or link your story.

These are from my trip to Nepal this time last year with my parents. I've been making a photobook for my mom for mother's day and finally scanning my last few rolls from the trip.

Kathmandu is cool. It's loud, dusty, crowded. In the tourist district we stay in, there are no street signs; easy to wander and get lost, which I did the first morning.

Next stop is Pokhara, which is close to Nayapul, the starting point of our trek and reason for going to Nepal. We are trekking to Annapurna Base Camp (with a small detour), which should take 8 days to get there. Annapurna Base Camp is 4,130 meters above sea level. For reference the Canadian Rockies cap out at just under 4,000 meters. Annapurna is 8,091 meters (the tenth highest mountain in the world!).

It's a little less smoggy in Pokhara and in the spring, it's a nice cool 30 degrees when we arrive.

The trek itself is not as hard as it seems. Although you're hiking 4-6 hours per day, the Annapurna range is dotted with little villages that now cater to the trekking industry. Teahouses offer refreshments and food and lodging, toilets and even wi-fi (for a small fee). Guides are mandatory now if you want to trek in Nepal, but you can even hire porters if you just feel like walking and not carrying anything. It's not as "wild" as I initially assumed.

Every day is waking up at 5 am, a quick breakfast at the teahouse, then trekking until around 2 pm. We're lucky with the weather; it's consistently sunny in the morning, with clouds and heavy rain rolling over the mountains around afternoon. The trails is stairs carved into the mountains; you are always climbing up or down. "Slowly, slowly" our guide mutters to me.

I've posted that last one before but it's my favourite picture from the trip so I had to include it :)