Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wormy Guy
May 7, 2002

benisntfunny posted:

For better or worse I edit most of my landscapes pretty heavily. However I usually know what I'm going to do with a shot before I take it.

Cool, I'm no expert by any means but I like em. Care to quickly describe what you generally do to each image? I'm assuming you shoot in RAW and process it from there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wormy Guy
May 7, 2002

thefreshmaker posted:

The blue in the last one looks oversaturated and artificial, but the color looks good on the rest. I especially like the one of the observation hut. It's something different. An aspect of hiking and landscapes that's always there, but rarely shown. Where was this?

I was just gonna post the same thing about the 4th picture, the sky looks crazy. And with the third one I'd take out a lot of that sky, it doesn't really add anything to the photo, and maybe take out the two random little clouds.
Otherwise I really like them, and yes, where did you take these?

The Wormy Guy
May 7, 2002

General Gravedancer posted:

It may sound silly, but your photo's have a fantastic mathematical "feel".
Somehow, they just look right. Very soothing for the eye.

Yeah I have to agree, I like them. For instance the third one, most people would be like what the gently caress it's the side of a building and there's a god drat light pole in the way. But for some reason it's a pretty cool shot that just seems to work for me. I think I need to work on seeing things differently rather than looking for that perfect awesome shot.