Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fbi2thegrave
Jul 19, 2004

benisntfunny posted:

For better or worse I edit most of my landscapes pretty heavily. However I usually know what I'm going to do with a shot before I take it.

Here's some before and after shots.

I'm fairly intrigued. Are these HDRs or are you using RAWs? I'm looking at the pre picture and generally I can see how the post picture can get certain colors or enhance certain characterestics, but I can't seem to do that in comparing your pictures. Like for example, in the last one, that firebolt looking thing is awesome, but I can't possibly see how that came from the original pic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fbi2thegrave
Jul 19, 2004

some of those scenes are really beautiful. those pictures could definitely benefit from some post.

Fbi2thegrave
Jul 19, 2004

I think you need to tone down the blues on those mountains (unless that's what you're going for).

Fbi2thegrave
Jul 19, 2004

Momonari kun posted:

Here are two from Seroak Mountain in Korea.

this is underexposed, unless that's the look you were going for.

Fbi2thegrave
Jul 19, 2004

omfg its jeff posted:

I really like this but I feel like there are too many (great) subjects. If you took two photos instead, one with the waterfall under you and the trees, and one with the trees and the road/ocean, each would be a great picture and they would be less cluttered. As it stands, there are two great subjects (waterfall and ocean/road) and a great background/filler (trees), but you don't really know what to focus on.

Fbi2thegrave
Jul 19, 2004

i realized i haven't posted pics in this thread possibly ever, here's a few from the past few months

Fbi2thegrave
Jul 19, 2004

those all work really really well together.

Fbi2thegrave
Jul 19, 2004

octane2 posted:

Here's a few more from me...

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
1/100s f/5.6 at 17.0mm iso400

really cool, but I'd tone down on the saturation of the greens a little bit, it seems a little overdone

Fbi2thegrave
Jul 19, 2004

what do you guys think about this as an HDR? I have my own opinions, but I'd like to see others before I skew any thoughts:

Fbi2thegrave
Jul 19, 2004

here's a few I took recently:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fbi2thegrave
Jul 19, 2004

TheAngryDrunk posted:

Racetrack Playa - Fisheye by xxyzz road, on Flickr

I really like this last one, but there's a little chromatic aberration on the top left corner (and maybe on the right, I can't tell). I like to go in and desaturate them with the sponge tool, although I don't know if anyone else would notice.

Either way, I think its the best from the lot.