Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

octane2 posted:

Here's one from me. Not the best one out of the collection, but, shows a different perspective on landscapes.

I think spring and autumn, especially, are the best times of the year, to go to bathe in the resplendent colours that New Zealand has to offer.

I made this image whilst trekking along the Arrow River.

I traipsed back and forth looking for a good spot to shoot other subjects, when I came upon this little clearing, under beautifully-filtered light, which made way for more shrubs, trees, and dead wood.

To my eye (and mind), there is an incredible depth to this image, which has been enhanced in a subtle fashion through post-processing (of which there wasn't much). But, I think it is mainly the bent tree, leading off into the clearing which creates the effect. Keen-eyed observers will note the beautiful red foliage peering through the central-background region. They add another highlight to the image.

Let your eye wonder into each zone of the image; note the textures, shapes, and colours; then try to piece the whole scene together afterwards and imagine what I saw: that the colours and texture tell the dreamy tale of autumn.

Unfortunately, white/bright backgrounds on the web seem to ruin images and fine details get washed out, especially in landscapes. Best appreciated on a dark (black) background.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
1/2s f/16.0 at 31.0mm iso100
Quoting again because holy :lol: you can't convince me you weren't trolling. Nobody is actually like this. Jesus, what a beauty of a post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

8th-samurai posted:

Oh my God. Where is this place, and did you have to die to get there?