Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

woot fatigue posted:

By far my favorites. Very nice stuff all around though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

MrFrosty posted:

This weekend I decided to drive 4 hours so I could wake up at 4am the next day and climb a drat hill. At least something good came out of it (I hope :v:)

Hell loving yes something good came out of it.

I like that second picture especially. The fog, the clouds, the colours, the composition. Everything.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

8th-samurai posted:

Holy sweet god drat.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

Whitezombi posted:

You've probably mentioned this before, but what kind of glass are you running for most of these shots? I really like your landscape work.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

Radbot posted:

That's awesome. Nothing like making great work with a kit lens.

Yeah, colour me surprised. I still want an ultra-wide though. :v:

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
God drat, those are all hot fire.

First is by far my favorite.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

slearch posted:

What would you suggest as far as composition?

I assume you drove there? Or at least took some sort of beaten path and didn't just walk through miles and miles of corn?

Maybe if there was a nice little section of winding road/dirt path/whatever you could try to include it in the shot.

That's just an example though. Really, anything that can act as a focal point or just break up/lead the viewer into the image a bit would help a lot.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

Dread Head posted:

This is really cool. My only (minor) criticism is that the railings get lost in the silhouette of the hills.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
Cropping a bit at the bottom would give it a better balance if you ask me. Lovely sky.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
Dread Head you're seriously giving me a boner over here.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
A few more shots from Tibet. I've been procrastinating doing any post on these forever.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

guidoanselmi posted:

drat that is some blue water. curiously what altitude were those at?

First one was near the 5km mark if I'm not mistaken. The others were at about 4-4.3km.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

Pompous Rhombus posted:

You should post a trip report, I'm interested to hear about it. I've only been as close as Qinghai, my Chinese friends wanted to go to Tibet but thought they would die of altitude sickness or something, so we didn't go :-\

They might. =/

Nah, if you just give it a few days at a moderate altitude (we stayed in Lhasa, 3.5km) you should be fine.

I'll definitely be posting a report as soon as all the post is finished.