Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

snowman posted:

I'm cross posting this from pad because its probably the first landscape shot I've been happy with.

i'm not sure if it's creative effect but the white balance/tint looks a bit wacky too me.

jumping on the iceland bandwagon

I used the tokina 11-16 a lot. It's a good lens for what it is, f/8 is sharp, but f/22 is unusable imo. Lots of ca as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

benisntfunny posted:

That is an amazing photo, especially after taking a look at the bigger one and seeing the details like the people on the cliffs and the birds flying about. But, for me the gradient filter (?) job is very obvious and detracts from it, maybe the adjustment brush would be better to make it a little cleaner. If Dread Head's photos teach us anything, it's that there's no such thing as too much blue :horses:

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

What do you guys think of full frame vs crop for landscapes? I'm contemplating getting a second hand D700 when the new D700s or whatever comes out.

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

hey dread, beautiful shots, i looked at the exif and was wondering why you shoot in spot metering mode?

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

it's pretty much impossible to post after brad :sweatdrop:

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

going through the last of my iceland pictures

Only registered members can see post attachments!

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

fenner posted:

the horizon on this looks a little off, it kinda bugs me.

quote:

this is really cool, the strong green of the moss seem to clash a bit with overall pastel like tones.

another one from iceland. i've started being a bit more aggressive with post, but i'd still like it to look realistic.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

Dread Head posted:

I dont think the grass in the foreground really adds anything to the image, except a foreground. Do you have one with out it? Or maybe you couldn't actually get past the grass when you took it?

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I was so close to going last year when their bank failed, there was a simultaneous deal on airfare/hotel but I passed on it. I really shouldn't have, I've wanted to go for ages and it likely won't be that cheap again

its still pretty cheap relative to history due to the crisis. i spent a month there in may which i think is a good time to go, the weather isn't too bad and its before the main tourist season

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

octane2 posted:

Ah, you guys got me! The awesome wordsmith that I am, I secretly want to be remembered more for my literary impressions and footnotes than my photos.

hum?

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

octane2 posted:

Yessum? (I was being facetious!)

do you know rax and those guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

hah ... small world. are you on facebook or anything? let me know your email address