Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zygar
Aug 6, 2005
I LEIK TRAINZ!!!1
This thread rocks. Landscape photography is one of the most satisfying types of photography there is, IMO. Some of the stuff in here is absolutely incredible.

The composition isn't amazing but I liked the stillness of the water. I want to go back here sometime and recompose it so that the water starts at the bottom left hand corner instead of slightly above it.

PAD seemed to like this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zygar
Aug 6, 2005
I LEIK TRAINZ!!!1

Demon_Corsair posted:

This is incredible. I love the sense of depth and the layering that you've got going on here.

Zygar
Aug 6, 2005
I LEIK TRAINZ!!!1

SKULE123 posted:

I'm planning a trip to New Zealand right now: would love to hear about any off-the-beaten path photo spots you or other Kiwi goons may have to recommend. We're looking at spending a couple of days in the North Island, and then renting a camper van and touring the South Island based out of Queenstown. :)

Will save this thread from a derail, and point to the NZ thread in the Travel forum.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3217913

Lake Tekapo and Mt. Cook are both great.

Near Lake Tekapo, en route to Mt. Cook.

Glacial lake near Mt. Cook.

Also, Macetown is apparently pretty good, and while not really off-the-beaten-path, the top of Summit Road in the Port Hills of Christchurch offers some pretty stunning views, especially at night.

Zygar fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 19, 2010