Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Small world.

I like the color palette you are using, most people with 590nm conversions seem push the tones towards orange to get the Aerochrome look (guilty).

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

toggle posted:

Cheers, yeah I try and to go for something a bit more surreal, which is a nice contrast to the usual landscapes tones. I really love the candyland look to be honest.

It's a good look.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
that's not dust, it's a helicopter

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

8th-snype fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 19, 2021

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Wafflecopper posted:

i still think low-content praise has more value than low-content snark/mockery (especially when it comes after the OP has without defensiveness already taken negative feedback on board) because it's encouraging to know that somebody enjoyed your work.

This is wrong af. Low content "praising" comments are fine in smaller peer groups but in a vacuum they stunt your artistic growth by teaching you to seek praise.

8th-snype fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 27, 2021

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

even the loving parking lots are hard mode in aus. also the above poster requested that they be over exposed.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Wafflecopper posted:

i was talking specifically in the context of this thread, which i think constitutes a smaller peer group

so was I, very few people in this thread are peers.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

ben garrison parachute account spotted

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

boop the snoot posted:

Being condescending doesn’t make this place seem very inviting to people like me who would like to post more in this thread but find it intimidating.

You may not care about that though 🤷‍♂️

If you don't want to contribute to the discussion then don't. If you want to browse photos without discussing art then I highly recommend you become a redditor.

Also no one cares if this thread is inviting. Art is a full contact sport here.

8th-snype fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 22, 2021

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Somebody say infrared?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc