Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maws
Jan 9, 2006

is this how i byob

poopinmymouth posted:

These are beautiful, where do you live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maws
Jan 9, 2006

is this how i byob

octane2 posted:

:words:

That's a pretty pretentious description dude and I wasn't expecting a lot, but the shot is actually quite attractive. I like the muted colours, it feels more like an oil painting than a photograph.

edit: poop - Iceland. Figures. I'll probably never make it there. :smith: I'd love to see any more shots you have though.

maws fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 15, 2009

maws
Jan 9, 2006

is this how i byob
Went on a great hike in Rogers Pass the other day - Abbott Ridge, overlooking Highway 1 and the Illecillewaet Glacier. Click through for the full set (there's almost 70 in there). I'm trying to take my landscapes a bit more seriously this summer so any critique would be appreciated. :)

maws
Jan 9, 2006

is this how i byob

xzzy posted:

I think you missed an opportunity for a trick photo here.. those lines are so close to perfectly vertical it almost looks like a double exposure.

I think I know what you mean - if I split the frame between the stand of trees and the rocks?

maws
Jan 9, 2006

is this how i byob

Clown posted:

A quick one from the night glow in Bristol.

This is just gorgeous. I love the backlit heads.

Shot driving home from Calgary, stitched from about 12 different photos (just noticed I need to do a little cleanup on the duplicate cloning on the road on the right):

One Evening in Field, BC by ankhou, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maws
Jan 9, 2006

is this how i byob

Love, love, love this.

Here's a classic cliche from Banff - Moraine Lake a couple of summers ago. It's a merged panorama from about 6 handheld shots. Unfortunately I was lazy while shooting and have a little mixed focus in there.

moraine-panorama by ankhou, on Flickr