Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
sin título-00003 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

sin título-00004 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

sin título-00001 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

sin título-00002 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

field balm posted:

this is awesome, all those straight lines, the snow, the long shadows, the yellow

this is really nice too!

drat.

untitled-00003 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

untitled-00004 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

untitled-00001 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

untitled-00002 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

New Mexico views yesterday

Love all of these.

Also these. It's a bit of a quad-dichotomy or whatever you'd call it. Whites, blues, reds, and greens.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
I've started exploring an idea for a photo essay. It's been a nice change of pace from the typical kind of compositions I look for. The yellow, green, and white one is by far my favorite. Not sure about the others.

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 12.39.17 PM by Esa Foto, on Flickr

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

theHUNGERian posted:

I like where this is going. Not sure if you have seen/read "Interaction of Color" by Josef Albers ... if not, I am equally unsure if you'll get anything out of it.

I love Josef Albers. Didn't realize he wrote a book, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Correct me if I'm wrong but Bonneville Salt Flats is generally bug free whereas Antelope Island is miserable.

xzzy posted:

Yeah, I got a face net. I'll evaluate as I show up and adjust as needed but thanks for confirming the reports.

Unfortunately I only got two nights on the west side of the state, one headed west and one coming back east. I'm thinking I'll camp in the hills just west of the bonneville flats and try for a sunset on the salt (or on the shore if there happens to be water that night). On the way back I'm camping at crystal peak and then a final night at goblin valley (which I didn't think I'd like but I am hooked after I got to spend a couple hours there last fall).

Was really hard to narrow it down to that list, you're absolutely right that Utah has an insane amount of sights. And I'm not even local, that's just stuff I've been able to find online.

If you make it far enough south for Goblin Valley, you should keep going to Moon Overlook Road. Go watch the sunset there. Also, 38°23'58.7"N 110°47'30.4"W is nearby and awesome too. First 3 photos below are Moon Overlook Road, last one is the GPS coordinates.

And honestly, just keep going south, I'll give you more destinations.

huhu fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 18, 2024

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

How about some pre-northern lights shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

xzzy posted:

Man I am such a copycat. I am hoping to do that exact scene in the fourth one in three weeks.

Was hoping for some water reflections but that seems unlikely.

Dooo it.

FYI - There's water closer to SLC. But it's also hit or miss cause that water is full of tires and other trash.

Also, the rest stop is now fully closed off so you can't get on the salt flats from there. You need to go a bit further west on 80. "Bonneville Salt Flats International Raceway, Bonneville Speedway Road, Wendover, UT 84083" is the better entrance.