Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

I refuse to be part of your furry fantasies

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

here are two I did over the weekend.

There is something about these photos that makes them look like a composite and I think that is what distracts me from looking at the subject. There is a lot going on in the background and it feels too busy. Is that a reflection in the window behind their right shoulder? The light feels a little harsh as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

First time doing any portrait photography in a studio while on a photography course I am doing. I wish I had got her to take off that coat but after taking the photos it was us who became the models for the next person so I was rather nervous about directing people.

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

Penpal posted:

took a picture of an actor friend of mine. Flash fired in reflecting umbrella at 1/16th power. It's so much easier taking pictures of actors, they actually listen to what you say and everything!

I am completely drawn to his eyes. The way the green stands out and the catch light reflected in them. Bam, that is right where I want to look. Well done.

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

thetzar posted:

I like this, but I'm a grain worshiper.

The lighting in Boston's Back Bay station is cinematic as gently caress.

Untitled by thetzar, on Flickr

Untitled by thetzar, on Flickr

Marvellous shots. I think I prefer the second one. While the first has lots of tension because of his expression I also feel I am missing something that should be there on the right. I keep looking at the empty space on the right and wondering what I should be looking at.

With the second shot I think the composition is better. While he is looking at something outside the frame, it feels to me like the additional angle of his head combined with the fog of his breath makes this shot more interesting. The little kick of ?light? behind his head rounds it off and draws me back in.

My only other comment would be... are these too sharp?