Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

echinopsis posted:

contrast is overrated imo

What the gently caress. This is the worst photography opinion I’ve ever seen. Light and contrast is everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Yeah for all the discussion about the editing, I do think the composition itself is really interesting, unique, and overall great

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

echinopsis posted:

this is the photo totally unedited

it's taken over her shoulder into the reflection of a window next to a huge fuckin brick wall with heaps of gross green behind us. it's overexposed and I struggled with focusing. but despite all of those things I really like the photo, as does she.

I am sure I suppose someone might prefer this with less editing, and since it's got tons of colour cast already, and I am sure others would go quite differently trying to fix it.

right click, delete would be my path to fixing it

Eh, I couldn't resist piling on, but in all seriousness I don't hate it. I do appreciate that you've developed your own style and are trying to do something different than your average portrait photo. I think you still have a lot of work to do, but you are pursuing art rather than simply doing commerce.

I would be curious to see some of the photos you like that you have been using as inspiration

blue squares fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 7, 2023

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

echinopsis posted:

I am particularly fragile and do require fuckin national guard level defence mechanisms

So why do you insist on subjecting yourself to this?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

All right I was trying to be nice. I felt bad that everyone was making GBS threads on them and that I had joined in

blue squares fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 8, 2023

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I have no choice but to get this thread back on track. Behold!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Health Services posted:

Here's one I took recently.

Nice! Always appreciate photos that break convention. A portrait of someone’s lower half is fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

that's a good portrait photo