Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

Remo posted:

This looks very challenging technically and I would have taken the easy way out and shot the sunset and the performer separately and then composited them together.

For me, compositing would be way more of a pain than practical lighting.

Really nice shots, but why did you put him so far on the right in the first shot. He's looking out of the frame? I keep wanting to follow his gaze right, and there's nothing to balance him on the left.

The final shot is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
Went into a pizza sub shop tonight because I had the munchies, came out with this and some cheese fries.

Untitled by AIIAZNSK8ER, on Flickr

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

rcman50166 posted:

So I got hired to work at a photography studio as a photographer. I believe I'm qualified for the position. However it is one of those chain places that everyone gets Christmas photos in a mall. The rest of they year, kids and babies are more than half of their business. Anyone have tips on how to work with kids? I know you need to let your guard down and be a little silly with babies and toddlers, but I was wondering if anyone had some tricks to really get 'em smiling.

With babies, I find that if I talk to them like grown people, ask them how their day is going, if they like the clothes they are wearing, ect, they react to me better, then give them a big smile and make a fart noise. They can giggle. This is all highly dependent on if they've just eaten and had a nap. If neither of those are true, nothing you can do will make them happy.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

thetzar posted:

A friend of mine went and spend months and months traveling around the far east. On his return, I decided to take a couple of shots playing with the idea of dragging him back home.

we lost this guy for a little while... by thetzar, on Flickr

...but we got him back by thetzar, on Flickr

I like these two together. Reminds me of what I did last week. This is my friend who started his own DIY bio lab, where he shares a space with others who experiment in biology as a hobby separate from their day jobs. I did some PR shots for him but also did some more moody shots.

Jameson by AIIAZNSK8ER, on Flickr

edit: That last one looks much darker on this monitor than when I edited it.

AIIAZNSK8ER fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 18, 2013

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

Sludge Tank posted:

There is no ceiling over our "cubicle" which means the light from the skylights gets in and changes with the movement of the sun.

We're going to board it up so we can make it (almost) lightproof. Anyway...

Why? If you have a natural skylight, I would work it to death using reflectors. It looks great and isn't a pain in the rear end.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

_adam posted:

My sister asked me to take her (outdoor) engagement photos this weekend. I've literally never done any portrait work so needless to say I'm a little indimidated.

Any tips for engagement type shots? I've never tried posing people or anything.

I've got a 50mm 1.8 and a 17-50 2.8 on a 40D, I'm guessing the 50mm is the way to go for the most part... but I also lack reflectors, flashes, etc. so I know they won't be optimal shots regardless.

I've worked whole shoots with nothing but a 17-50 f/2.8. It's a wonderful lens. The only things that matter are rapport with the subject and good light. If you have those two things, you can make wonderful portraits with a disposable Walmart camera.

In theory, it's simple, but simple doesn't mean easy.

Here's my latest effort.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
It's been forever since I posted actual work. Had a friend who wanted her picture taken.

Augmented 1 by Paul Chin, on Flickr

Augmented 3 by Paul Chin, on Flickr

Augmented 5 by Paul Chin, on Flickr

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

portrait for the lols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

torgeaux posted:

Good Lord, a blast from the past!

Edit: Like the portrait, too.

howdy old timer, happy to still get recognized in these parts.