Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
I was thinking about that whole Breznier thing. For the amount of trouble and time it takes, you might as well use a medium format camera, send the film in then sit back and relax while some lab dude does the work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
I think the freckle ones are good modeling portfolio material because they show what she looks like normally. I was doing a shoot the other day and the model mentioned to me that agencies don't like over-photoshopped photos and that often when a model is up for consideration, they'll do a test shoot with the agencies' own photographer just to be sure because there can be some real doozies with regards to photoshop vs real life.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
Here's a shot with the Canon 135mm f/2.8 soft focus. It's largely untouched except for white balance and contrast tweaks. This is at f/4. In hindsight I probably should have upped it to f/5.6 or something as I feel the soft focus effect is a bit strong. The main upshot of the lens is that you get a soft blur in the photo, especially in the background, but the in-focus parts retain detail. If you're wondering what the white vertical lines in the background are, those are rain drops. It was a nasty day.

The lens was originally a marriage of convenience for me because I needed a telephoto and this was available cheap. In the last year or two, I've seen prices for the lens double or more because it has gone from a largely forgotten lens to something people actually want. It's one of the trickiest EOS lenses I've ever used though and it demands a ton of chimping shots before you get what you want because so many things affect the quality of the soft focus. It's also a very flattering lens for people with skin blemishes and could potentially save time and money spent on a makeup artist and post-processing depending on the style of shot.

The more I use the lens, the more I want to get an old 5DMkI to use with it because it kind of sucks for convenience when using it on a crop sensor.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
Too much haloing around the subjects, unless said subjects are Jesus or whatever.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
All I can see is gums.